Water Bottle

Get Out | February 24th | Under Comedy/Musical Category at Golden Globes

Just now, Incarnadine said:

Strange, I haven't noticed him there for years. He always stood out because if a movie only had like 3 negative reviews you could count on one of them being his, same went for universally panned movies, one of the rare positive reviews would be from him.

He keeps his streak alive with Get Out. Though looking at his ratings, he did give both Hidden Figures and Fences positive ratings.

I looked at his recent reviews, not 100% contrarian, but still a really high %.

I

9 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

He keeps his streak alive with Get Out. Though looking at his ratings, he did give both Hidden Figures and Fences positive ratings.

Yeah, but he gave negatives to LLL, Moonlight, Manchester by the Sea, Loving, Rogue One....  and he liked Assassins Creed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Incarnadine said:

I looked at his recent reviews, not 100% contrarian, but still a really high %.

Yeah, but he gave negatives to LLL, Moonlight, Manchester by the Sea, Loving, Rogue One....  and he liked Assassins Creed.

While I wouldn't give LLL a negative...It gets far more praise than it deserves, imo.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

he hasn't been kicked off though. which is good, i think the internet fanboy community's reaction to his work is ridiculous. i won't read his get out piece because apparently there are spoilers but i do think he's not this disastrous lunatic that others seem to. he can stumble onto interesting objections.

What? No. He's a fucking hack. The points he makes in any and all reviews are contrived to drive clicks to himself. He's a waste of space in the movie reviewer community.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

he hasn't been kicked off though. which is good, i think the internet fanboy community's reaction to his work is ridiculous. i won't read his get out piece because apparently there are spoilers but i do think he's not this disastrous lunatic that others seem to. he can stumble onto interesting objections.

He's fun to read because he's so crazy contrarian. And who knows, every once in a blue moon I agree with something he says.

But honestly, so much of fan-driven internet stuff is based on mutual circle jerks it's often refreshing to read something that goes completely against all that, even if it's (usually) ludicrous.

IMO.

1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

Could this really get a BP nomination next year? It would've seemed insane before but there maybe a chance now given how much all the critics love it.

It's got an uphill battle. We have so long until the Oscar race begins for next year, and this is a genre film as well. But I suppose it's possible.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Travod said:

The Dear White People trailer IS really stupid and stereotypical tho, so criticism is warranted. Dismissing people by saying they probably haven't seen the trailer is dumb lol

lmao what is stupid about it? Are you familiar at all with the original movie  that the series is based on (that did not receive the excessive backlash of this tv show)?  It's satire. The girl is someone who has a radio show called "Dear white People" that everyone in the school is offended by and the movie revolves around and about characters struggling with their identities.  I mean the title is meant to be provocative obviously.  

The backlash boils down to "It's anti white people." which is so stupid. And the attempted boycott of Netflix is hilarious. Anyway  I don't want to talk about this on this thread. You can PM me or something if you want lol. 

Edited by ban1o

Just now, Jayhawk said:

It's got an uphill battle. We have so long until the Oscar race begins for next year, and this is a genre film as well. But I suppose it's possible.

Of course, I'm saying it went from impossible to there is a mathematical chance. Tough that it does have that huge gap between the next cycle.

• Like 1