POTUS 2020

Weekend BO- Actuals Mo 18.53, OCP 16.89, FB 10.43, Arr 5.58, NA 3.16, MbtS 3.13

11 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

It's surprising that Sing isn't doing well OS so far, I wonder if Moana might be hurting it in those markets. It has a slow OS rollout so it could pick up pace later on 

Or maybe animation fatigue really has set in? One of these two really should have moved to the wasteland that is next year.

• Like 1

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Or maybe animation fatigue really has set in? One of these two really should have moved to the wasteland that is next year.

Hoping to be proven wrong, but Cars 3 seems like a waste of such a good release date.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Hoping to be proven wrong, but Cars 3 seems like a waste of such a good release date.

It should have moved up to March so Moana could have its release. Sing could stay where it is, Trolls will be dead when it opens. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

Pretty sure they're already solidly in profit with PR. 

Lionsgate has likely recouped or almost recouped the budget for PR with the presales 

6 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

It should have moved up to March so Moana could have its release. Sing could stay where it is, Trolls will be dead when it opens. 

It would have been risky putting Sing in the Spring with Beauty and the Beast although it would have forced Smurfs and Boss Baby to move 

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Despicable Me 3 is already opening two weeks later so there's no way Sing could've moved there.

Mhmm, I was referring to Moana moving there. Not sure it would have done better BO-wise, necessarily (DM3 cutting its legs?), just that there's no animated film next summer I'm looking forward to. DM3 plot seems a bit dodgy to me, and honestly I haven't liked any Illumination films that much since Despicable Me.

I guess I am glad I got to see Moana my birthday weekend? But the animation wasteland next year is real. Coco is the only one I'm really looking forward to.

2 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

Sing may have a Lego-esque performance. Great DOM and pretty terrible OS except for a few markets. 

The UK release is in January and it faces Lego Batman two weeks later,  I expect it'll still do decently but it won't reach the heights of SLOP

Edited by Jonwo

2 hours ago, La Binoche said:

Loved Friends as a kid but it's so cringe now. Dated, not funny, too white. Hell, even The Golden Girls is more watchable now. 

Never watched Friends beside some 10 minutes tries. I think all I know about Seinfield is: it is a male lead named Seinfield?

But I did have seen a few episodes of Golden Girls (translated into my language), at least I didn't run out of the room screaming (= going nuts). So yes, I agree those 'Girls' are more watchable, but still not that much that I had ever the feeling I have to see it. More like: as I still watched TV, whilst waiting for the news or,... nit the need to zap immediatly, if nothing more compelling was aired at the same time.

More compelling would have been: some crime or Sci-Fi TV-series with multi-episodes arcs, like e.g. Spacecenter Babylon 5, Wiseguy, or...

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

Pretty sure they're already solidly in profit with PR. 

I like this idea that Lionsgate sold the OS rights for like 200M in order to cover budget and marketing costs. I can't wait to see when all the OS distributors that bought the rights die in March.

• Like 1

I can't speak for the rest of the world outside of Canada and United States Seinfeld is a pop culture icon here. Most of my friends and colleagues and Associates no the popular shows in Seinfeld. The Soup Nazi the masturbation show they're spectacular and so on and so on. Friends is also massive. I just watched an entire 10 seasons on Netflix over the last six months and I still laughed my ass off. I don't know which one is bigger now or which one was bigger than that it's just safe to say that they are both iconic at least in this part of the world.

And I don't see why friends being white is a bad thing. So what if there's all white people in it. There's plenty of shows out there that have all black people in it. This white shaming b******* is getting ridiculous now.

• Like 9