Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

2 minutes ago, druv10 said:

Holy shit!!!!! That was a fucking awesome experience, WOM is going to be amazing!!!!!!

I don't think it will be.  Once you get past the last act, which was good, and the last 3 minutes, which was epic, the rest of the film, the other 100 minutes of it, is kind of problematic...imo.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

The most troubling thing about Rogue One was that I did not get the Dunkirk trailer.

Instead we got Sing and The Boss Baby

I got Transformers.  I had no idea Robert Ford was in it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Dunkirk prologue was very, very good. Really intense.

Hide contents

Pink didn't think it was for the start of the movie. I'm not sure, though it wouldn't surprise me.

I would assume it's the opening of the film. Mark Rylance said this in July: 

“With some of those old war films you used to get a lot of build-up, you play the guessing game: who’s going to die and who’s going to live. This one has none of that. It’s just BANG! Straight into the middle of a desperate situation.”

Edited by redfirebird2008
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I would assume it's the opening of the film. Mark Rylance said this in July: 

“With some of those old war films you used to get a lot of build-up, you play the guessing game: who’s going to die and who’s going to live. This one has none of that. It’s just BANG! Straight into the middle of a desperate situation.”

Well that describes it alright.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Personally I quite liked it. Not one of Pixar's best, but I found it quite engaging and I liked a lot of the new characters.

Have you see Norm of The North or The Wild Life (apologies if you have seen either)?

Hah, nope. Managed to talk the kids out of both of them.

Oh, I remember. Ice Age was the worst one. I mean, Id rather watch it than a Chilmunks movie, but thats a low bar.

• Like 1

$30m is a good number, but I'm going to take it with a grain of salt. Did Deadline do a number like this the night of TFA previews?

Also, way to go hitting 40+ pages without the first sign of numbers! The Force is strong with this one. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hw64 said:

So when are we likely to get actual Thursday figures for this?

IF RTH helps us out tonight, it will be around midnight or 1AM.....so about 1-2 hours.

Thosewon't be actuals, but RTH is one of our Gods.

• Like 1