Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

Been a fan since original Star Wars. This is by far the most finely crafted SW film with a few flaws or stuff I would liked to have seen handled a bit differently. I understand why George Lucas loved it. It has the soul of his creation through and through. Keep your expectations reasonable and let it unfold in the way a Star Wars film should. 

It should also be profoundly "rewatchable" for most fans. That someone may say this is their favorite movie of all time is entirely understandable.

I'm giddy. :)

• Like 8

2 hours ago, JonathanLB said:

Ok are you seriously talking about RAIN affecting the opening weekend?! Jesus I lived in LA and knew people were idiots but to talk about rain affecting anything is laughable. We just had 3-4 inches of snow yesterday and icy roads and I still made it here ok. If someone skips the movie because of rain they're really a wuss.

Where I lived, we're expected to get a lot of rain this weekend, and when the roads are already full of snow and it rains, it can get quite slippery and dangerous in New England. Mind you I doubt that'll have a huge affect on the box office, it's just something to take into consideration.

• Like 1

So RO is so far beating TFA in previews at my theatre. However, legs won't be as good I doubt, as a lot of tickets were company buys etc.

Looking like 44-45M for tonight. That's the low estimate, I'm just assuming walk ups for late shows will be about half of TFA (ended up with 47.5M for previews).

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Finding Dory was a sub part Pixar effort 

Agreed. I think I have it as the 7th best animated movie of the year for me, and I think Ive seen 8. Dont recall what was worse.

25 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

The most troubling thing about Rogue One was that I did not get the Dunkirk trailer.

Instead we got Sing and The Boss Baby

Same here. Sing I kind of get since it comes out next week (and it triggered me like a motherfucker), but The Boss Baby made no sense.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Finding Dory was a sub part Pixar effort 

Personally I quite liked it. Not one of Pixar's best, but I found it quite engaging and I liked a lot of the new characters.

5 minutes ago, Wrath said:

Agreed. I think I have it as the 7th best animated movie of the year for me, and I think Ive seen 8. Dont recall what was worse.

Have you see Norm of The North or The Wild Life (apologies if you have seen either)?

• Like 1