Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

I've recently watched the OT.  What stands out in not necessarily a good way was all the new flashy additions.  It becomes rather distracting(looking in direction Jedi Rocks).  But the stuff that works is the little additions, like a punch up of a background.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, James said:

Lol people stop. i am used to how modern movies look. And I love it.  that's it.

Alright, then. But guess what? So am I. I'm a teenager too. I'm completely used to the Avengers and Interstellar style VFX festivals. Ain't stopping me from staying the Star Wars OT looks great for the time it came out and the importance it has on modern filmmaking. Without ANH's effects, you wouldn't have the way modern blockbusters look. The effects in your beloved Harry Potter movies kinda owe their existence to Star Wars.

That's what I'm (and I guess we're, though I speak for myself) trying to teach you.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, misafeco said:

4TH UPDATE, Friday 8AM: Disney is calling Rogue One: A Star Wars Story‘s preview night at $29M, which is 51% of the record $57M that  Force Awakens made a year ago on its Thursday night. It’s the biggest preview night of the year, slotting ahead of Batman v. Superman ($27.7M) and Captain America: Civil War ($25M).

#CRUMBLING

2 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

But you can't compare it to modern movies. The vfx aren't bad, you can't call them bad because 40 years of advancement as occurred, that's a false equivalency.

Why not? Some people don't know or don't care what a movie did back in time. They put the disc in, see the Tauntaun moving all herky-jerky and think to himself "that looks bad" and he would actually not be wrong.

• Like 1