Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

With a weekend IM from the preview of 4.5, only slightly less than TFA, this does 130.5 OW. That means baumer's club would be looking real good, FWIW. And honestly, I think its multiplier from preview might be even worse. I'd love for someone to explain to me how an adult-oriented spinoff for the fans will be more backloaded than the broadly appealing TFA. I just don't get it. 

7 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

$29m is still more than CW & BVS, not bad at all. $180m+/$600m+ predicts are likely dead at this point. 

I understand fandom and all that but do you think that movie, that particular movie, should gross 600m?

STAR WARS: ROGUE ONE: $33M Overseas Total / $62M Global Total

STAR WARS: ROGUE ONE begins its run in North America with $29M, the biggest Thursday preview of 2016

Very early days, but on track for $150m+ opening weekend, based on $29m in previews on Thursday, and comp with Hunger Games.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

With a weekend IM from the preview of 4.5, only slightly less than TFA, this does 130.5 OW. That means baumer's club would be looking real good, FWIW. And honestly, I think its multiplier from preview might be even worse. I'd love for someone to explain to me how an adult-oriented spinoff for the fans will be more backloaded than the broadly appealing TFA. I just don't get it. 

Not an Event.  :lol:

I think a telling number may be the increase in the % of female audience at the previews vs male that indicates it's less hard core geek saturated previews .  So maybe a 5x instead of a 4.36x of TFA

• Like 1

Damn, I thought it would do well over 30. But I am still banking on plus 180 or higher. Everyone wants to see this. I think it was just not a huge must see Thursday night film. JW only did 18.5 million on previews. It did 11x that for OW. RO only needs to do 6x to get to 180. I think that feels very likely. I think it goes a lot higher than that.

4 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I don't see it going that low but it's possible.

4 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

This same thing could have been said for Fantastic Beasts like a month ago. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

6 years ago when new moon had 30 million dollar midnight it was the greatest thing in the history of box office at the time LOL. Now world one gets 29 million and some here, very few mind you, but some here are calling it disappointing LOL. I personally think it's a fantastic number and it puts it on Pace for around 130 - 140 million opening weekend.

You know you're on BOT when the seventh-biggest preview number of all time is being labeled "disappointing".

• Like 7