Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

Just now, Jayhawk said:

Seems like I didn't miss much since I left....

I'm about to head out and I swear to god if you guys don't clean this shit up by the time I get back... :ohmyzod:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

Every movie is a cash grab. Every studio is a business they are driven by money first both long short term and long term. 

That isnt a cash grab. You are describing running a studio. Every studio wants every movie to be profitable. No sane person thinks every movie is a cash grab. 

Just now, Christmas Baumer said:

TFA is friggin awesome. Best film of 2015. And thats just the way it is. :)

Mad Max was terrific, so were Ex Machina, Inside Out, The Big Short, and The Hateful Eight.

But TFA was the shit :jedi:

5 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

My association with Avatar and/or James Cameron has nothing to do with it. It's a common criticism of TFA - ad hominem attacks won't change the fact the story was a dumbed down version of ANH. The different is I don't deny that the storyline of Avatar was simple and derivative - that's something that had to be done with a movie that aims to change the cinemascape itself. 

It is ignorance and hubris of this kind that prevented TFA from even coming close to dethroning Jim. 

A real shame too, I guess we will just have to wait for Project 881 to knock Titanic into 3rd place. 

What are you talking about?! Avatar was absolutely destroyed by Force Awakens. Please don't cling to some desperate WW gross dependent on foreign exchange rates and politics. Where it counts Avatar got the ass kicking of a lifetime and abdicated its throne in under three weeks. It was a rout for the ages!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stuart360 said:

The Nolanites were far worse than AVATAR fans anyway. Thankfully that cult has been dispanded lately it seems.

Worse than the Nolanites and Avatar fans are the diehard George Miller fans

• Like 3

Just now, JonathanLB said:

What are you talking about?! Avatar was absolutely destroyed by Force Awakens. Please don't cling to some desperate WW gross dependent on foreign exchange rates and politics. Where it counts Avatar got the ass kicking of a lifetime and abdicated its throne in under three weeks. It was a rout for the ages!

We don't all live on 'Planet America'. 

• Like 4