Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

But none of those films you listed are in the same category as T2. They're all in an elevated one, otherwise known as the event. 

To make one comparison: I've directly experienced both the Raimi SPIDEY and T2 releases and T2 was bigger in every metric I can think of except (I guess) estimated admissions. Your definition is so narrow it starts to become meaningless in the greater context of what started this whole discussion. 

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Shrek provided the funniest Matrix spoof of them all.

It's just funny how that was the new hotness.   With all the innovation we've had I think biggest impact effects are going to contine have is creating the things we don't pick up.  Like an environment 

10 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

It was an event.  But its like the Korean War, a forgotten one.

:stirthepot:

emot-smug.gif

Not even close.  The Korean War gave us the awesome MASH TV series.  Avatar gave us the legacy of jacked up 3D prices sucking up theater space.

:stirthepot:

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 4

To all the people who do not know me or really understand me.

I am the first and only, Claire Nolan Rey Holt. I have been many people like formerly Santana Lopez, God, etc.

However, there is something I would like to remind you all of.

2nDXGIq.gif

Now, let's get back to our regularly scheduled programming.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

To make one comparison: I've directly experienced both the Raimi SPIDEY and T2 releases and T2 was bigger in every metric I can think of except (I guess) estimated admissions. Your definition is so narrow it starts to become meaningless in the greater context of what started this whole discussion. 

You know Tele, I'd like to personally thank you for this. It just now dawned on me that the metric you're using to describe an event (overall pop culture impact) is one that R1 has absolutely zero percent chance of ever reaching no matter what it grosses. Thank you for winning my R1 not an event argument for me, as always you are eternally wise. :)

Edited by MovieMan89