Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

8 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

See The Matrix was mentioned. It was shocking to see that a month before Phantom Menace and realize it broke more ground with VFX than Menace.

Which is not technically true but it would take a long conversation with Dennis Murren & John Knoll to explain you why.

The gimmick everybody remembers had a preview in the first Blade and a Rolling Stone Video.

John Knoll said Phantom Menace was the most important movie in the history of ILM since A New Hope & all the tools, software, middle ware that were developped for Phantom Menace are still used today in all the current blockbusters, and then some.

The Matrix gimmick visual died pretty quickly & went nowhere, it was a tiny footnote in VFX history.

John Gaetta, the guy behind the Matrix shot everybody remembers, actually works now at ILM. 

"Michael , you revolutionized visual effects with Pearl Harbor."

Dennis Murren to Michael Bay about how Bay s remarks changed how ILM artists understood light and how it worked in a shot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Luckily, the whole "your opinion is invalid cause of your age!" argument hasn't happened on this forum...yet.

Who is posting shouldn't effect an argument, an argument should stand on it's own legs.

Though I thought I complained that you based your hate of Avatar on seeing it in cinema when you were 8, then again in poor quality 2d when you were 13.

Just now, Porthos said:

(Had to go out to go get dinner so I'm catching up, but this deserves this response)

1238584287_seinfeld_had_enough.gif

Ikr? Pretty funny Incredibles sold more tickets than Frozen but no one wants to argue about that film being an event.

Little secret: only the successful films the forum collectively loves can be events. 

3 minutes ago, DAR said:

@angeldelmito always does a solid jobs with the gifs of sassy black women. But Rey, it's always nice to see the Queen return.

Thanks for defending me a bit, babe. I always appreciated and loved you.

I'm in my underwear, by the way. You know where to find me.

swlUz6W.gif

• Like 4

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Ikr? Pretty funny Incredibles sold more tickets than Frozen but no one wants to argue about that film being an event.

Little secret: only the successful films the forum collectively loves can be events. 

Oh man. The pressed-ness is strong with this one.

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I am seeing you have a like in every Han's post in between the pages 16 and 20+ (I am on page 23 and all of them still have a like from you here) of his Posts Content. So... what are you waiting for? Remove them. Or else...

39ebaa65940a43f8e693e210096ba9b0.jpg

IM ON MOBILE CJOHN, GIVE IT UNTIL TOMORROW EVENING.

Just now, That One Guy said:

IM ON MOBILE CJOHN, GIVE IT UNTIL TOMORROW EVENING.

I am on page 30 and somehow you still have a like in every Han post. I am very unpleased right now.

8 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Luckily, the whole "your opinion is invalid cause of your age!" argument hasn't happened on this forum...yet.

It's simple.

Younger than me, too stupi to understand and appreciate cinema. Older than me, stuck in the past and unwilling to accept change. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

No, because box office worked too differently back then. We don't even know how long the initial run was, it was probably multiple years. 

Because selling out cities and regions for literally years as it travels around the country isn't an event?

• Like 5