Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

8 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Lol @ Collateral Beauty probably finishing sub Collateral Damage. Wasn't exactly a tough bench mark. :lol:

Maybe they should have added some extreme action during the third act twist, and sold the film as an action movie, could have at least added an extra few million, I suppose.

Edited by Fancyarcher

Just got home from RO and it was really good :) 

as for the trailers, we had Fast 8, Spider-man, GOTG 2, Pirates 5, Transformers 5, Kong, Logan, Sing and I think that's it.  So at least those 8, there may have been one more, but I can't remember :P 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

They also said R1 was looking at a 60-65mil o.d

Which makes them 8-10% off.  The same would make CB an $8.64-8.8m opener. 

Closer to $10 is better for my Derby but I don't think it's happening. 

Variety had R1 as up to $70m Friday and VB under $8m

• Like 3

To put things into perspective, RO has a chance to make less in it's OW than TFA's second weekend.  It's not that RO is doing badly at all (it's now my 3rd favorite SW), it's just showing how insane TFA's run actually was last year...

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Saw the movie tonight. FYI for those curious the trailers I got were Logan, Kong: Skull Island, Power Rangers, The Fate of the Furious, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Cars 3 (priceless reaction from the rowdy youngsters in the crowd), Transformers #Whatever, and Valerian & the City of a Thousand Planets.

It's funny, I was texting @Jayhawk being sarcastic about getting 20 trailers, and it looks like all you guys are all getting 20 trailers lol. And what? No Unforgettable or Boss Baby? Seriously? Fail.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Which makes them 8-10% off.  The same would make CB an $8.64-8.8m opener. 

Closer to $10 is better for my Derby but I don't think it's happening. 

Variety had R1 as up to $70m Friday and VB under $8m

I think someone here posted a 72+ for R1.

I think you all have to remember this flim budget is very low and never was intended to be a blockbuster.

If it can gain 70ww it will probably make a Lil money on home video sales and t.v deals.

I remember good old Hollywood when everything didn't have to be big a behemoth to be considered a success.

Even at 8 mil a 3.2x gets it 24mil.

Truth be told all the flim ever was is a Oscar push.

2 minutes ago, jandrew said:

It's funny, I was texting @Jayhawk being sarcastic about getting 20 trailers, and it looks like all you guys are all getting 20 trailers lol. And what? No Unforgettable or Boss Baby? Seriously? Fail.

I'm pretty sure Unforgettable is attached with Collateral Beauty (since both are WB dramas)...

...which I'm seeing tomorrow with free passes we found that haven't been used yet. :lol: Pray for me.