Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Yup :)

I mentioned earlier matinees were playing like a kids movie (very strong). I doubt but I hope actual box office mirrors this somewhat.

Aren't early matinees owned by seniors, too? 
With RO skewing very old, this could be a factor there. 

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Citizen Kane also didn't win BP.  Does that mean it's not as well loved as the other film that did?

Completely irrelevant, Avatar did not win BP either, The hurt Locker did. The argument is not that films getting awards are necessarily better, in fact, Oscar BP are rarely truely the best films of the year. The argument however, is that aside from doing crazy box office globally and domestically, Avatar was also well received by film industry and awards in general (far more than TFA), this at least suggest that there's no concrete evidence that TFA is significantly better received in NA than Avatar like many here would suggest.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NCsoft said:

Completely irrelevant, Avatar did not win BP either, The hurt Locker did. The argument is not that films getting awards are necessarily better, in fact, Oscar BP are rarely truely the best films of the year. The argument however, is that aside from doing crazy box office globally and domestically, Avatar was also well received by film industry and awards in general (far more than TFA), this at least suggest that there's no concrete evidence that TFA is significantly better received in NA than Avatar like many here would suggest.

Didn't TFA make AFI's top 10 of the year?

4 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

It's weird, neither me nor my two youngest loved Guardians of the Galaxy but all three of us are somewhat obsessed with the GOTG2 trailer. :kitschjob:

How could you have not loved GotG? Im appalled.

• Like 3