Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

I knew it i knew it as i saw the final 5m of rogue i knew it that it will have very good WOM. It's the best ending of any SW film since Empire i m not kidding.

Seriously i was stuned  (i was not in Force awakens.)

And i was right :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

I'm confused, is 550m domestic (adjusted) now the new barrier to be "AN EVENT"?

So, in other words, these movies were never events:

Batman (1989)

All 3 LOTR movies

Finding Nemo

Towering Inferno

Passion of the Christ

The Two Towers

Superman

Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Lawrence of Arabia

Rocky

The Poseidon Adventure

Terminator 2

...to name but a few.

Also, apparently Frozen wasn't an event because of its puny 400m gross.  Yet I think we all remember how that (and Let it Go especially) would never go away.

• Like 4

Although, to quibble with a few of those movies that Tele listed, I'm not sure how those older movies fit in with the current media-driven "event" category.

Sure, Rocky sold a fuckton of tickets, but did people rush out and see it? And is Finding Nemo an event because it was a breakout success in 2003?

And doesn't even cover the forgotten practice of Roadshows, which benefited Lawrence of Arabia.

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I'm not up on the internet crackpot campaigns.  What exactly are Mike et al rebelling against?

Multi-cultural Rebels and heroes plus how dare Star Wars insinuate that the Empire is an analog for white supremacy and ultra-nationalism.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

He's got no guts. EmpireCity et al have to go find them.

I don't watch this show (fuck zombies!) but how in hell do all these people just seemingly line up to be murdered by a middled aged man with a baseball bat when they've been taking down zomibies right and left for 6 previous seasons?

7 minutes ago, ThePanda A Star Wars Story said:

Also, apparently Frozen wasn't an event because of its puny 400m gross.  Yet I think we all remember how that (and Let it Go especially) would never go away.

Frozen's admissions are laughably low in the history of all time stats at the box office (The Incredibles beats it lmao). If you think it was a box office event then you are lost. 

Edited by MovieMan89

2 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

Multi-cultural Rebels and heroes plus how dare Star Wars insinuate that the Empire is an analog for white supremacy and ultra-nationalism.

Also, they believe that Disney literally put in an anti-Trump line/scene in there. Like, literally talking about Trump. Just nutty.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

Actually in the middle of this movie, I started wondering what kind of censorship would have to take place for it to be released in China. Some of the dialogue and themes are not in agreement at all with how that government operates. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I don't watch this show (fuck zombies!) but how in hell do all these people just seemingly line up to be murdered by a middled aged man with a baseball bat when they've been taking down zomibies right and left for 6 previous seasons?

Because the show's writing makes them all stand around like catatonic morons while Jeffrey Dean Morgan struts around and gloats like a Grade A Internet Troll

• Like 2

Just now, elcaballero said:

I can't wait until Assassin's Creed is an event!

Even better: Underworld 5 is already an event and it hasn't even opened in America yet because I saw it last week!

• Like 3