Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

11 hours ago, Hades said:

I just saw the Vader scenes on Youtube. Is that it? Not sure why people are going nuts over it. I hope its not the best part of the film.

If youve seen the second Vader scene and you dont get why people are going nuts over it then i guess u dont understand SW.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, La Binoche said:

I spent 60 fucking dollars on 3 tickets to Office Christmas Party, a lame, unfunny, limp, mechanical "comedy." What a waste. Jennifer Aniston should retire. 

And that was a surprise to you?

Everyone who pays for this garbage should know what he'll get - no surprises there.

5 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

If you hated those two films you'd be the first one arguing it. You're the most opinion driven poster on the board. 

Yes, because I obviously let my opinion get in the way of logic.  That's why I made an entire thread praising The Potter films and how there would never be another series of films like them box office wise.  

I just don't understand what an even t film is for you if you don't think T2, which I was alive for, wasn't a huge even in the summer of 91 and if you don't think Frozen, which had an 800 multiplier.

And you can accuse me of a lot of things, being stubborn and biased towards something when the numbers have proven otherwise, is definitely not me.

• Like 9

I fully agree. It's not really a "spin off" in the way that phrase has ever been used before. I won't go into spoilers but everyone knows Darth Vader is in it so there IS a Skywalker, after all. And it's clearly like Episode 3.9. It's a saga film to me, just they didn't want to number it :P

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Doctor RTH gone Rouge said:

It'll all adjust with actuals

Sun looking

R1 38, Moan 4.1, OCP 2.5,CB ,CB 2, FB 1.7, LLL 1.2,Arr 930k

That's great drop for RO while Moana had phenomenal increase from estimates, it increased 550K (29.8% drop to 18%).

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, druv10 said:

That's great drop for RO while Moana had phenomenal increase from estimates, it increased 550K (29.8% drop to 18%).

All films increase from the estimates, if these numbers hold it bodes really well for weekdays, imho. 

53 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

If youve seen the second Vader seen and you dont get why people are going nuts over it then i guess u dont understand SW.

I saw the second scene. Still not impressed. Disney are lucky that it does not take much to impress some Star Wars fans and I do hope they up their game.

14 minutes ago, Hades said:

I saw the second scene. Still not impressed. Disney are lucky that it does not take much to impress some Star Wars fans and I do hope they up their game.

Well, I agree with you that the film wasn't quite my tempo, but that last scene...last 5 minutes....gave me goosebumps.

46 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

I fully agree. It's not really a "spin off" in the way that phrase has ever been used before. I won't go into spoilers but everyone knows Darth Vader is in it so there IS a Skywalker, after all. And it's clearly like Episode 3.9. It's a saga film to me, just they didn't want to number it :P

i didn't know Darth Vader was in it, was an awesome surprise. He wasn't in the marketing so why would everyone know that?

Excellent OW.

My guesses for the following days until end of Holidays

Monday 19M

Tuesday 22M

Wednesday 17M

Thursday 19M - around 232M

Friday 26M

Saturday 15M

Sunday 29M

Monday 31M - around 333M

Tuesday 22M

Wednesday 19M

Thursday 18M

Friday 22M

Saturday 17M

Sunday 19M

Monday 16M - around 466M

Is it too much? I have only followed 2011 patterns

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JonathanLB said:

Spoiler

Well, not one Skywalker but two... It does seamlessly tie into A New Hope.

• Like 1

Looking at 2011 (same calendar config), the 2nd weekend won't be great for R1 (even though it will be big) as Sat is Christmas Eve.

But the real fun starts from the Monday after the 2nd weekend.. The 2nd Mon-Thu and the 3rd weekend should be huge.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 3