Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

I honestly think everyone should be rooting for Rogue One to succeed even if you think it may not live up to expectations.  Not because of it being a Star Wars film, but because of the sheer diversity of the cast focused on in Rogue One.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, MJL said:

I honestly think everyone should be rooting for Rogue One to succeed even if you think it may not live up to expectations.  Not because of it being a Star Wars film, but because of the sheer diversity of the cast focused on in Rogue One.

:kitschjob:

4 minutes ago, MJL said:

I heard something similar in Clinton rallies.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

"Rebel spaceships, striking from a

hidden base, have won their first

victory against the evil Galactic

Empire.

During the battle, Rebel spies

managed to steal secret plans to

the Empire's ultimate weapon,

the DEATH STAR, an armored

space station with enough power

to destroy an entire planet."

:wub: 

Hail John Knoll

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Treecraft said:

:kitschjob:

So, you would have rather had them done what most others movies do and have the cast be like 90% White A List actors with maybe 1 or 2 minorities represented in small rolls?  Rogue One has a much more diverse cast than most movies do...and that's something worth rooting for IMO

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MJL said:

Diverse blockbusters help themselves at the BO and audiences are generally forgiving of their shortcomings. See Fast & Furious franchise and Suicide Squad.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MJL said:

On another note, GotG 2 is going to be utterly huge based on the reaction in my theater to the trailer 

Youre totally right! My theater went wild for that. I laughed and enjoyed it a lot too but was definitely impressed and surprised just how into it people seemed. Huge reaction! 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Youre totally right! My theater went wild for that. I laughed and enjoyed it a lot too but was definitely impressed and surprised just how into it people seemed. Huge reaction! 

Same here in Australia. The crowd all loved it.

• Like 2

@MrPink @Sam

A deep cut for Star Wars fanatics, Gareth Edwards's Rogue One: A Star Wars Story also happens to be the single most topical fiction of 2016, talking as it does--in bold, melodramatic strokes befitting a space opera--about the importance of rebellion in the face of fascism.

...(and later)...

Seeing Asian faces in a franchise that has appropriated Asian motifs for forty years is a very, very big deal, even if having two of China's biggest stars in what will be the biggest film of the year in the U.S. speaks to the two countries' economic symbiosis.

I love Walter Chaw's review. It speaks almost exactly to what I loved about the movie. (Though not exclusively to what I loved.)

http://www.filmfreakcentral.net/ffc/2016/12/rogue-one.html

• Like 1