kayumanggi

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI | 712.4 M overseas ● 1332.5 M worldwide

10 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I don't understand...according to you bots trashed the movie, but why would they do that? Who wins something in that case?

I believe you do not know just how passionate a small fraction of fans hate TLJ. There are numerous exampels of people letting bots make the reviews. Heres an article that gives you more information:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/12/21/as-the-last-jedi-tops-600m-worldwide-can-star-wars-recover/#7771d22146e2

14 minutes ago, hw64 said:

A good argument. I've changed my mind now.

In all seriousness, it's quite literally impossible to definitively prove that the RT score has been forged. Even if people "admit" to botting the score, they could quite easily be simply lying, and they could quite easily be Star Wars fans who want to discredit the RT score posing as supposed "botters". And even if you assume they are legitimate, there's no way to know the extent to which they've influenced the score - their contribution could be irrelevant compared to the legitimate people that are rating The Last Jedi. It's nowhere near proof enough.

The only way to prove beyond all doubt that the RT score is forged would be if Rotten Tomatoes themselves came out and said there's been widespread botting of The Last Jedi's rating, which is the sole cause of the audience score being so low. In actuality, they've done the exact opposite: Rotten Tomatoes Says Its 55% 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Audience Score Is Authentic

Rotten Tomatoes stating something doesnt make it the truth. Of course they wouldn't admit to their ratings being horribly flawed.

Seriously, it's not that hard of a concept.

On the on hand, you have unscientific online-polls that can easily be manipulated and already have been manipulated in the past. You have people admitting to it, both publically and on stuff like reddit, you have obviously fake reviews that repeat themself, and you have reviews that appeared underneath wrong movies, which simply doesn't happen when people do it.

On the other hand, you have one legitimate pollster after another come up with virtually the same results, about 90% positive reactions.

Mhm, I wonder who to trust, some weird internet polls that anyone can vote for as often as he wishes and that can easily be tricked, or the people who do polling for a living, and who ask actual people who came out of the theater. Really though choice there... :rolleyes:

Edited by George Parr
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I believe you do not know just how passionate a small fraction of fans hate TLJ. There are numerous exampels of people letting bots make the reviews. Heres an article that gives you more information:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/12/21/as-the-last-jedi-tops-600m-worldwide-can-star-wars-recover/#7771d22146e2

It's sad, their life must be boring for wasting their time creating bots. They should create something close to their own fantasies, with books for example, and try to sell..it would be more constructive.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, George Parr said:

Rotten Tomatoes stating something doesnt make it the truth. Of course they wouldn't admit to their ratings being horribly flawed.

Seriously, it's not that hard of a concept.

On the on hand, you have unscientific online-polls that can easily be manipulated and already have been manipulated in the past. You have people admitting to it, both publically and on stuff like reddit, you have obviously fake reviews that repeat themself, and you have reviews that appeared underneath wrong movies, which simply doesn't happen when people do it.

On the other hand, you have one legitimate pollster after another come up with virtually the same results, about 90% positive reactions.

Mhm, I wonder who to trust, some weird internet polls that anyone can vote for as often as he wishes and that can easily be tricked, or the people who do polling for a living, and who ask actual people who came out of the theater. Really though choice there... :rolleyes:

None of this equates to proof or definitive confirmation, which is the point we were arguing. You claim:

The audience score is utterly meaningless as it has already been confirmed that it has been forged.

This is false.

2 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

It's sad, their life must be boring for wasting their time creating bots. They should create something close to their own fantasies, with books for example, and try to sell..it would be more constructive.

LOL thats what im doing, writing books with the hope that they could become succesfull :D

And Star Wars fans were always like that. Its no coincidence that the phrase "Nobody hates Star Wars as much as Star Wars fans" exists and is proven right time and time again.

• Like 1

Well, Rotten Tomatoes says the audience is legit

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robcain/2017/12/20/rotten-tomatoes-confirms-its-55-last-jedi-audience-score-is-100-authentic/#443bd0c44231

Yeah yeah, I know some will say "Obviously RT will say it's legit, because they wouldn't damage themselves by saying the numbers aren't legit".

Then again, you can easily find countless arguments on the internet, well made and well detailed posts from people who hated the movie. 

Ignoring that and pretending that a bot created 200.000 accounts on RT, is laughable. It's in fact as laughable as 33.000 users on imdb giving this movie a 10, while only 8.000 gave it a 1.

Like the Forbes guy said, there are people who hated this movie, and that's a fact. I gave it a 6 or 6,5/10. I'm pretty sure I'm not a bot. A bot would have damaged the scores for Marvel and DC movies and even previous Star Wars movies. This is just happening to this Star Wars movie. People need to stop the conspiracy theory, because it's as laughable as people claiming critics are bribed by Disney to give good reviews.

All in all, fanatics for the movie will say bots from 4chan, reddit and RT are doing that. I think it's up to you.

Anyway, Jigsaw's Audience Score is at 92% on RT and that's what matters now. :)

Edited by Blaze Heatnix
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

LOL thats what im doing, writing books with the hope that they could become succesfull :D

And Star Wars fans were always like that. Its no coincidence that the phrase "Nobody hates Star Wars as much as Star Wars fans" exists and is proven right time and time again.

Good luck :)

4 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Well, Rotten Tomatoes says the audience is legit

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robcain/2017/12/20/rotten-tomatoes-confirms-its-55-last-jedi-audience-score-is-100-authentic/#443bd0c44231

Yeah yeah, I know some will say "Obviously RT will say it's legit, because they wouldn't damage themselves by saying the numbers aren't legit".

Then again, you can easily find countless arguments on the internet, well made and well detailed posts from people who hated the movie. 

Ignoring that and pretending that a bot created 200.000 accounts on RT, is laughable. It's in fact as laughable as 33.000 users on imdb giving this movie a 10, while only 8.000 gave it a 1.

Like the Forbes guy said, there are people who hated this movie, and that's a fact. I gave it a 6 or 6,5/10. I'm pretty sure I'm not a bot. A bot would have damaged the scores for Marvel and DC movies and even previous Star Wars movies. This is just happening to this Star Wars movie. People need to stop the conspiracy theory, because it's as laughable as people claiming critics are bribed by Disney to give good reviews.

All in all, fanatics for the movie will say bots from 4chan, reddit and RT are doing that. I think it's up to you.

Anyway, Jigsaw's Audience Score is at 92% on RT and that's what matters now. :)

RT and IMDB audience scores can be easily rigged though. If you passionately hate a film, you can easily create many duplicate accounts to rate the movie. Also, you can rate the movie without having watched it. Brilliant isn't it? Anyway, I trust the CinemaScore more. It's more scientific.

Thursday’s international gross totaled $18.9 million for a foreign haul of $314 million, led by the U.K. with $54.2 million, Germany with $32.3 million, France with $23.7 million, Australia with $22.7 million, and Japan with $20.9 million.

Variety

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, John Marston said:
 $365,088,356    49.0%
Foreign:  $380,300,000    51.0%

Worldwide:  $745,388,356

So 66m over the 3-day weekend frame. Last week, TLJ did 170m over the 3-day weekend (it did 60.8m on Wed and Thu for the reported 231m OS OW). That is a 61% drop from last week.

Even with bigger days this week and China on the way, I don't see how it makes 700m OS.

Edited by James

9 minutes ago, James said:

So 66m over the 3-day weekend frame. Last week, TLJ did 170m over the 3-day weekend (it did 60.8m on Wed and Thu for the reported 231m OS OW). That is a 61% drop from last week.

Even with bigger days this week and China on the way, I don't see how it makes 700m OS.

Well, for example, in my cinema (Germany), the 22nd was a good day for TLJ. The 23rd was mediocre and the 24th is a complete shut-down for all movies playing. You are underestimating the Christmas Eve effect and more importantly, the incredible mid-week business TLJ will do next week. For the frame of the 25th - 29th, almost all Evening shows of TLJ are near to a sell-out here. It will barely drop next weekend too, it even has a chance to increase.

The calendar screws the numbers.

I predict this movie is gonna make 560 million overseas and 650 million domestic.

That would give a full 1.2 billion worldwide, which would be almost 800 million less than The Force Awakens. That would be a huge decrease by all means. I wonder what this means for Episode IX. Let's hope it doesn't end up performing like Transformers The Last Knight or Justice League.

18 minutes ago, James said:

It can't count on China much either cause it isn't a SW market. It'll be lucky to make as much as RO there. 

So my BatB over TLJ OS Club is looking good. 

@Blaze Heatnix Both BatB and Fate of the Furious beating TLJ WW would be absolutely hilarious. While I do think that DOM performance will save it, the prospect is really intriguing and the meltdowns would be for the ages. :hahaha:

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I predict this movie is gonna make 560 million overseas and 650 million domestic.

That would give a full 1.2 billion worldwide, which would be almost 800 million less than The Force Awakens. That would be a huge decrease by all means. I wonder what this means for Episode IX. Let's hope it doesn't end up performing like Transformers The Last Knight or Justice League.

Bullshit. Sorry, but that is just dumb. TLJ will drop next to nothing next weekend, with a good chance to increase. The mid-week business for the next tow holiday weeks will make up for the drop this weekend, which was totally expected because of the calendar. You are really expecting The Last Jedi to marginally gross more than Rogue One OS? GTFO.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

7 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Bullshit. Sorry, but that is just dumb. TLJ will drop next to nothing next weekend, with a good chance to increase. The mid-week business for the next tow holiday weeks will make up for the drop this weekend, which was totally expected because of the calendar. You are really expecting The Last Jedi to marginally gross more than Rogue One OS? GTFO.

Yeah, 560m OS is not happening AT ALL.