John Marston

Wednesday Box Office - (Asgard pg 17) R1 about 15, Sing 11, Ass 4.5, Pass 4.1, Moana 2.2

2 minutes ago, kowhite said:

True...granted, that WAS the selling point for this movie.  As intriguing the concept for this movie is...I have to say...had (or if?  I haven't seen) it delivers on the base concept...it's really not something that's gonna sell massively to the mainstream on its own.  Not if they deliver how I would've wanted it to. 

I think it was budgeted around $35m when it was at Weinstein with Keanu/McAdamas and was intended to play more like a psychological thriller which makes more sense to me considering the "twist".

1 minute ago, Eevin said:

Is there an official budget for Assassin's Creed? Hearing anywhere from $125m-$200m. If it's on the higher end...oof. 

Last year Ubisoft's CEO said

Baronnet also seemingly confirmed the movie’s budget. When given the range of $150 million – $200 million, Baronnet said: I will not say we are close to 200 but not far either.”

http://screenrant.com/assassins-creed-movie-michael-fassbender-ubisoft-splinter-cell/

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I think it was budgeted around $35m when it was at Weinstein with Keanu/McAdamas and was intended to play more like a psychological thriller which makes more sense to me considering the "twist".

Honestly, should've been.  I hadn't heard about McAdams.  Admittedly...I'd probably wake her up instead (moral quandary be damned!).

Still...the premise had so much promise...but it really didn't lend itself to a blockbuster.  Not if done right.  But Baumer liked it right?  So...maybe? 

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 1

Sing's off to a good start although I think it's clear it's not another SLOP but let's face it, it couldn't be. I'll be interested if it can pick up pace OS as the numbers were a bit underwhelming in the markets that got it early. I'm thinking it'll do $300-350m OS

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Sing's off to a good start although I think it's clear it's not another SLOP but let's face it, it couldn't be. I'll be interested if it can pick up pace OS as the numbers were a bit underwhelming in the markets that got it early. I'm thinking it'll do $300-350m OS

I don't know, if it has the same multiplier as The Adventures of TinTin did five years ago that would mean $300M would be in the bag.

The more I think about Passengers, the more the characters stick with me. Not sure if in a good way or bad, but take two examples here. Years after watching Titanic, Jack and Rose still resonate with me, and I still think about that movie and them. Then the prequel trilogy, I still look at  Amakin and Padme and can think "aw that's tragic" and can still think about their arc in the movies.

• Like 1