FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

1 hour ago, RandomJC said:

If I recall, Avatar never went above 30M.

Good call. I looked them up and neither Avatar nor Titanic ever had a $30m day. Both Cameron juggernauts just were amazingly consistent for several months on end.

Here's what I have been able to find regarding movies other than R1 that had $30m days after already earning $250m:

TFA ....  8  days, 5 over $30m, 2 over $40m, and 1 over $50m 

Avengers .... two days, one over $30m, one over $40m  ($299 to $373m)

JW ......  two days, $38m and $39m, from $325 to $402m

Ultron ....... one day, $33m, $256 to $290m

Movies that made $400m+ (nominal) and did not do it:

Titanic

Finding Dory

CACW

The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Rises

Spider-Man

Phantom Menace

Shrek 2

Dead Man's Chest

TS3

Hunger Games

Transformers: Fallen

Catching Fire

Iron Man 3

Frozen

ET

Jurassic Park

Edited by SteveJaros
  • Like 8

Just now, K1stpierre said:

I'm confused, both meaning monday and the weekend numbers? Normally monday has a separate thread unless it's a 4 day weekend.

they list both at BOM, I think in the past here at BOT the days getting that treatment at BOM had its numbers still in the weekend thread. 

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

This is a 4 day weekend so no need for a separate Monday thread.  

Okay this is what I thought, thank you!

1 minute ago, terrestrial said:

they list both at BOM, I think in the past here at BOT the days getting that treatment at BOM had its numbers still in the weekend thread. 

Oh I'm sure they do, here we usually will make a monday thread for monday numbers unless like this weekend it's a special 4 day weekend, due to christmas

• Like 1

Just now, K1stpierre said:

Oh I'm sure they do, here we usually will make a monday thread for monday numbers unless like this weekend it's a special 4 day weekend, due to christmas

I know, I tried to point the 'rule-of-thumb' out :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

Looking at it I don't see how sw8 can do below 700 million if ro will do near 550 million.

Yeah, $650m seems like the bottom of the barrel for E8 (And that's with a relatively weak $185m opening and RO like legs). A more probable (IMO) $200m-$220m opening gets E8 between $710m and 780m...

Rogue One's estimates for Monday, Dec 26 2016 are $31.8m dom and $18.2 int'l, totaling est. $573.8m since opening

I had hoped for more new details for a lot films (adjusted est....)

1 hour ago, miketheavenger said:

I'm really interested in how Wonder Woman and Justice League will perform next year. I really hope they're better received and make a lot of money because for one I personally liked all DCEU movies so far (I'm weird, I know) and secondly I want Marvel to get some serious competition. And not because I don't like Marvel (I'm a big fan of theirs), but because competition is always good for the overall product IMO.

No need to make excuses for liking a movie ;)

After all, a movie being good or bad is completely a matter of personal opinion :) 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Good call. I looked them up and neither Avatar nor Titanic ever had a $30m day. Both Cameron juggernauts just were amazingly consistent for several months on end.

Here's what I have been able to find regarding movies other than R1 that had $30m days after already earning $250m:

TFA ....  8  days, 5 over $30m, 2 over $40m, and 1 over $50m 

Avengers .... two days, one over $30m, one over $40m  ($299 to $373m)

JW ......  two days, $38m and $39m, from $325 to $402m

Ultron ....... one day, $33m, $256 to $290m

Movies that made $400m+ (nominal) and did not do it:

Titanic

Finding Dory

CACW

The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Rises

Spider-Man

Phantom Menace

Shrek 2

Dead Man's Chest