FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

7 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Speaking of the NBA games, Illumination is going with their plan of advertising about 7 months out on NBA games and the Despicable Me 3 commercials have been killing it.  

I saw it during the Warriors vs Cavs game. I got extremely excited for it. I imagine the little ones who were watching started to freak out lol 

1 minute ago, Nova said:

I sent out a tweet along the lines of "Listening to Last Christmas will never be the same. RIP George Michael." And a Taylor Swift fan responded with "That's actually Taylor's song. George Michael only covered it." 

I would kindly like to see myself exit this earth....something along the lines of what happens in Passengers is fine by me at this point. :sadben:

wine more wine

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

And that's why there are no Illumination hits, only Illumination blockbusters. 

Illumination has multiple hits. You are out of your mind if you don't think Despicable Me 1 and 2 and Secret Life of Pets aren't hits.  

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Or maybe slightly below. $280m or something like that.

My point is that marketing is only part of it. Sing's promotions were freaking everywhere, but it's in the middle of the pack for this year.

Only because this year was insane for animation. Sing could go as high as top 20 animated grossers of all time DOM, it's hardly a middle of the pack hit. Another Illumination blockbuster. 

• Like 1

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Only because this year was insane for animation. Sing could go as high as top 20 animated grossers of all time DOM, it's hardly a middle of the pack hit. Another Illumination blockbuster. 

Lol.  I have never seen anyone ever as off on their analysis of box office and movies.  Steve Jaros is even better at this point.  

• Like 2