FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

Just now, ban1o said:

Hidden Figures was sold out at my theatre lol. That movie is definitely going to be a hit imo. 

It always looked like it had the potential to be a smaller scale version of "The Help".

I'm watching Gods of Egypt right now, it's on Amazon Prime and dear God, that's some of the worst  CGI choreografy I have ever seen in such an expensive blockbuster.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Has anyone checked to see how Live By Night is doing?

I'm also curious about Hidden Figures

hidden figures, aka when rth doesn't hit us with an update?

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 2

Drops of TFA and R1 so far:

TFA
-42.7% (Sat)
-11.3% (Sun)
-33.8% (Mon)
-6.9%  (Tue)
+1.8%  (Wed)
-27.9% (Thr: Xmas Eve)
+80% (Fri: Xmas)
+15% (Sat: Boxing Day)
-23.9% (Sun)
-27.3% (Mon)

R1
-34.9% (Sat)
-18.6% (Sun)
-53.3% (Mon)
-0.1%  (Tue)
-14.9% (Wed)
+12.1% (Thr)
+35.8% (Fri)
-34.1% (Sat*: Xmas Eve) [* Midpoint of 14.6 to 15.3]
??? (Sun: Xmas)
??? (Mon: Boxing Day)

That Thr-Fri one-two combo just before Xmas Eve really is looking pretty good for R1's legs.  Time will tell what Xmas and Boxing Day will bring, but I suspect it'll be very good for R1 given how many people in NA will have it off.

I've tried to take a crack at analysis, but I've decided I want to hold off until both movies are past the day after Christmas Day.  But I think, I THINK, it's looking pretty good for R1's multiplier.

Of course, any analysis might be useless given how frackin' huge TFA's OW and dailies were (not to mention the placement of Xmas).  Still, might find something interesting there.  Mostly, I'm looking for signs of R1 having 'room to grow' as WOM spreads.  

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Has anyone checked to see how Live By Night is doing?

It seems to be selling pretty well at the Arclight in LA and Lowes Lincoln Square in NYC (both have reserved seating). In fact, all of the limited releases (Patriots Day, Silence, Live By Night) are doing pretty well, as is Hidden Figures which has had plenty of sellouts (if it's doing this well in 25 theaters, I imagine it's in a really good position for when it goes wide January 6). A Monster Calls still appears to be underwhelming though.

• Like 2

Just now, filmlover said:

It seems to be selling pretty well at the Arclight in LA and Lowes Lincoln Square in NYC (both have reserved seating). In fact, all of the limited releases (Patriots Day, Silence, Live By Night) are doing pretty well, as is Hidden Figures which has had plenty of sellouts (if it's doing this well in 25 theaters, I imagine it's in a really good position for when it goes wide January 6). A Monster Calls still appears to be underwhelming though.

I imagine Live by Night and Patriots Day will do well when they go wide in a few weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if LBN does similar numbers to The Accountant 

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I imagine Live by Night and Patriots Day will do well when they go wide in a few weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if LBN does similar numbers to The Accountant 

January looks completely barren this year aside from Split and expanding Oscar contenders so there's definitely room for both to do well.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

No Oscar noms is gonna hurt them both though. I'm predicting that Live By Night does around 60m and Patriot's Day around 85m 

Edited by babz06

3 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I would argue RO ending is the reason it's doing 500 plus

It 'only' needs a marginally better multipler than TFA to crack 600 (3.87 v 3.78). :ph34r:

Not saying it's possible.  But there's a reason I wanted to compare the legs of the two films once Boxing Day is in the rear view mirror. :ph34r:

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

It always looked like it had the potential to be a smaller scale version of "The Help".

I'm watching Gods of Egypt right now, it's on Amazon Prime and dear God, that's some of the worst  CGI choreografy I have ever seen in such an expensive blockbuster.

Youre watching stupendous tits. Me and @CJohn love her.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I would argue RO ending is the reason it's doing 500 plus

I agree with this. The movie not only comes together in the third act but it's the strongest part of the movie (most blockbusters fizzle here), there's an emotional pay-off and SW's most popular character is more badass than ever. All set for perfect storm, er, WOM.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I agree with this. The movie not only comes together in the third act but it's the strongest part of the movie (most blockbusters fizzle here), there's an emotional pay-off and SW's most popular character is more badass than ever. All set for perfect storm, er, WOM.

It pretty much shows a film ends is very important.

If fast 7 did not have the Paul walker scene doubt it would make so much.