FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

28 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Pretty sure it's 30M 5-day.  They said Wed.-Sun. in their article.

Passengers over the $30 million mark over its six-day debut.

That's from the Forbes article. That's where I got that from. Obviously he says over 30m so it could be 35 or 40 for all we know right now. 

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

At this point I doubt A Monster Calls will be getting 1,500 theaters like originally planned. 

I don't know why they moved it out of October (where it might have done alright) unless they had been certain it would be an Oscar player. Unless they really thought they could ride on the hype Felicity Jones would have from Rogue One, which looks foolish in retrospect.

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

If the number holds its back on track towards 550 million.

I didn't jump off that train because its going to be close to 425 by this time next weekend and it would seem logical to get that far. We shall see, it really all depends on how it behaves Tues-Friday this week.

I mean if it behaves at best case it could do something like this: 30/Tues 25/Wed 25/Thur + 65m Weekend (cause the weekend will be between 10%+/- or Flatish) which gives you a gross of 463~ by next Sunday....

obviously to me that is best case and I doubt it does that but 550m still seems quite reasonable from a numbers perspective.

Not from a Fan-boy and I havent seen the film, just going off of previous year behaviors and looking at data. **

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, junkshop36 said:

Passengers over the $30 million mark over its six-day debut.

That's from the Forbes article. That's where I got that from. Obviously he says over 30m so it could be 35 or 40 for all we know right now. 

Studio 4 day w/e estimate and 6 day total

3 N Passengers (2016)   Sony $   23,100,000 - 3,478 - $6,642    $30,425,201   $110 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

Fantastic Beasts and Rogue One might make the same amount overseas despite a 300m or so difference in domestic grosses. 

That really speaks to the Harry Potter brand overseas. It's still very strong.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Sing seems to be dissapointing in many markets, luckily the UK, Japan and Russia isn't for a while and could pick up steam in those places but clearly it shows The Illumination formula isn't totally bulletproof. 

Illumination already had their new hit and franchise this year. The formula may not be bulletproof, but it has been enough to pass DreamWorks and Warner and go toe to toe with Disney. Pretty impressive, if you ask me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Disney is lowballing Moana's Monday by a good 10-20% and Universal is overestimating Sing's by 5-10%.

I'm not sure. IMO this forum has generally overrated Moana (box office) all along. Many said it will sail past $200m, but a slow creep seems more likely.

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Disney is lowballing Moana's Monday by a good 10-20% and Universal is overestimating Sing's by 5-10%.

Moana yes, Sing no - its much lower than comparable increases in the past, if anything they are also lowballing it a bit.

19 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Sorry, didn't see it already up. 

I posted the 3 and 4 day, two different charts

me too (but the 4-day later as edit, during the 'repair', I didn't realised that)

= was not meant as grumbel, more because I thought it was twice the same and since I had during the holidays... repeatedly hiccups... here. (I wrote to BOM, edited the charts in 2 posts = that is with my browser a bit tricky, had to go to the ... urgently) and tried to follow this at the time a bit fast thread)  = missed that detail 

And now the quiet is back... to a degree ;)

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

I'm not sure. IMO this forum has generally overrated Moana (box office) all along. Many said it will sail past $200m, but a slow creep seems more likely.

Dude its going to be past 200 by Sunday at the lastest - slow creep my ass.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

imo how do people think RO won't be making another 100 million after Jan 2nd

Even with Harsh drops its happening easily. 

Yeah its like people forget that films still make money after new years day... I don't get it either.

• Like 3