FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

6 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Judy Hopps didn't have a male love interest, just a friend/sidekick just like Moana and yet there it was... $1b+  But maybe being a bunny makes her empowerment softer and more acceptable by default.  I wont even get into how Inside Out made $850m+ what with the lead being 12 yrs old and her two main emotions being female. ^_^

Fight me IRL. :P

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

"softer empowerment"  What does that mean?  Being powerful but not too much or you'll scare the men away with your scary women power? 

I guess that explains our presidential election. 

:bash:

Judy Hopps didn't have a male love interest, just a friend/sidekick just like Moana and yet there it was... $1b+  But maybe being a bunny makes her empowerment softer and more acceptable by default.  I wont even get into how Inside Out made $850m+ what with the lead being 12 yrs old and her two main emotions being female. ^_^

Well, Moana and Brave didn't connect like these movies without warriorship so that's that. :) And lets not forget Dory. She definitely kicked all those asses.

BTW, based on foreign BO, empowered animated bunny and fish >>>>>>>>> empowered animated chicks :P

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

"softer empowerment"  What does that mean?  Being powerful but not too much or you'll scare the men away with your scary women power? 

I guess that explains our presidential election. 

:bash:

Didn't the movie bring up something like that?

11 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

Ive been working all day.

Just read the last few pages.

Think ill just go to sleep instead of waiting for more nonsense.

I am sure seeing that 300% jump in Australia helped.  But that's not nonsense. Just good wom.

Nice to see RO picking up speed. :congrats:

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

spoilered cuz.... yeah.

Reveal hidden contents

Also, I just found out there are Trump Furries.

:mellow: 

I can fap to this

thinking-face.png

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

WTF? What I said has nothing to do with empowerment in general. It looks like animated warrior princess doesn't connect like other types of empowerment. Haven't seen Zootopia but Frozen had sisterly love and romance. Moana and Brave are more of "girl doesn't need romance" type of story that has been pushed hard by twitter feminists. Not saying anything is wrong with that, just that it doesn't connect like "softer" empowerment.

Oh, you need to see Zootopia, then. The protagonist isn't a princess, but she's the main ass-kicker or the movie. And audiences around the world ate it up.

Edited by cannastop
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

A film as big as Sing which will make $220-250m would yes have had an impact - especially on those very leggy legs.  It's biggest performance was the Christmas stretch and competition from another sizable animation film would have dented that.

Frozen was big but in terms of tickets sold it in the U.S. it wasn't near the phenomenon of The Lion King (almost 75m tickets not including it's re-releases).  It wasn't as big as Aladdin (52m) or this years Finding Dory.

Sing really impacted Moana badly. It lost almost 7M in daily grosses compared to TS2 in the past 7 days. It held decently well against Rogue One but couldn't repeat that against Sing. The ceiling for it's performance went from 250M to 230M unless it recovers in a big way over the coming week.

• Like 2