CJohn

74TH GOLDEN GLOBES AWARDS | Tonight on NBC | Discuss the Event Live Here!

Just now, TalismanRing said:

Think about this... Crash beat Brokeback Mountain .

It's also very Indie with a relatively unknown director,  no star power, or even a lead actor /actress performance to piggy back off of.  That's a tough road.

Really? Crash? What could Moonlight have in common with Crash?

Just now, cannastop said:

About a middle aged white guy. With bombastic scenes. Both things Moonlight lacks.

Birdman's main advantage over something like Moonlight would be that it's about the entertainment industry. La La Land also has that advantage. The industry people do like to have their egos stroked in the movies, no doubt. 

• Like 3

Also, since a majority of you guys missed my post earlier this morning (I think..?), here it is:

11 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Time to issue a formal apology to my Monster Trucks standom/cult/religion that I've been promoting for the past few months:

I apologize for my massive spamming and stanning and whatever the fuck I was doing at all particular moments throughout these past few months.  Monster Trucks just holds a special place in my heart, and always will, for the movie where I realized "holy shit, what the fuck is Hollywood doing?"  As such, I was brainwashed into the belief that Monster Trucks is an omnipotent being, rather than just a movie made by a washed-out director of Ice Age.  It's a movie where Paramount will inevitably lose $115M because they let a 4 year old pitch the idea to the execs.  It's a movie where the main promotional material for the film is Lucas Till having his mouth wide gaping open.

These next few months, I will undergo Monster Trucks rehab, where I will be cured of my addiction to jabbing doses of the Monster Trucks trailer into my skin (basically, a more powerful form of heroin).  I will leave the cultist group of Monster Trucks fans today and will continue on with my life.  I will delete all my Lucas Till screenshots on my computer.  Everything I've known and loved about Monster Trucks will be gone.  I'll still see the movie for so-bad-it's-good purposes, but that's it.

Once again, apologies to the community of BOT for having to endure Lucas Till's face and Creech these past few months, and these past few weeks in particular :).