DAJK

Weekend Thread...Friday numbers (Deadline) HF: 6M| BBM: 5M| PD: 4.2| LLL: 3.97 (PG 18) - NOT THE PIRACY THREAD (OR THE POLITICS THREAD)

9 minutes ago, franfar said:

Everyone, I have hypothetical question: Let's say that despite Paramount's massive write-off from Monster Trucks, the movie managed to make a profit by some ungodly miracle. How would that affect Paramount's finances and the write-off?

Their finances and balance sheet for this quarter would look amazing. They would probably reverse the impairment charge, or probably keep it as goodwill in the year end.

• Like 1

Finally decided to do a projection system using the last seven weeks of TFA's totals (not that it added all that much).

Using the four day estimates, if R1 follows TFA's drops exactly (and swapping out the respective Presidents' Day weeks/weekend), R1 comes in at: $546,548,134

Theorectically possible to hit 550, but it's gonna have to find better legs than TFA soon.

I think this also is showing just how great TFA's legs were, even on top of the 740m it earned in the holidays.

R1 is also finally falling back of TFA's mulitiplier, after gaining on it for a while.  Probably end up around 3.45x or 3.5x or so.  Maybe a little more, maybe a little less.  Right in that ballpark at any rate.

Edited by Porthos
Premature posting. Grrrr.
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Finally decided to do a projection system using the last seven weeks of TFA's totals (not that it added all that much).

Using the four day estimates, if R1 follows TFA's drops exactly (and swapping out the respective Presidents' Day weeks/weekend), R1 comes in at: $546,548,134

Feeling good about my TDK prediction from last summer.  Within 3M of the OW and less than 15M of DOM. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

lol nothing can upset it at this point. It's closest competition is Moonlight, and that movie is far too tiny to walk away with the big prize.

Who would you rather have winning BP, LLL or Moonlight?

I think we'll have to wait for PGA/DGA to be sure, I still think there's a chance that LLL, while loved, is not necessarily the consensus choice, it is actually a little more divisive than the other two judging from RT (20 rotten, compared to 3 for moonlight/8 for Manchester), which may be a little problematic when it comes to weighted ballot, that plus the SAG ensemble snub... I don't know, maybe it'll steamroll the season, but I don't think it's a certainty yet at this stage.

12 minutes ago, filmlover said:

lol nothing can upset it at this point. It's closest competition is Moonlight, and that movie is far too tiny to walk away with the big prize.

I think La La LAnd will win but no point counting it out before it happens or before the PGA and DGA 

On 1/15/2017 at 4:59 PM, Jonwo said:

Patriot's Day will likely have decent legs but it's going to be a tough sell OS. Luckily Lionsgate is only distributing for CBS Films and I suspect they've already made the budget back from selling the distribution rights like they do with all Lionsgate films so they only have to worry about domestic and UK where they do market and distribute the film.

Patriot's Day will probably lose Lionsgate money, but I could see it selling well on home media like 13 Hours did though. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Doctor RTH gone Rouge said:

Canada WE 

1-R1,Sing,LLL,PD,MT,HF,Pass,UWB,Moan,Lion

Sing cume is already +20% over Moana

Canadians do love them their SW.  Maybe even more than Americans on a per capita basis. :lol:

Just watched La La Land again in glorious IMAX this past weekend.  I just can't stop thinking about good this movie is, and how well made it is. So many memorable scenes in it. Saw it about a month ago, and it has just stuck with me ever since. The soundtrack. THE SOUNDTRACK. Just incredible. Definitely top 1-2 film of the year. No movie has swept me away like this movie has. 

Emma Stone should win an oscar.

• Like 1