DAJK

Weekend Thread...Friday numbers (Deadline) HF: 6M| BBM: 5M| PD: 4.2| LLL: 3.97 (PG 18) - NOT THE PIRACY THREAD (OR THE POLITICS THREAD)

19 minutes ago, franfar said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow.

I mean, not that I've personally ever attended a circus.... unless you count Cirque du Soleil....

===

edit, but honestly, if they are going to do one last run, I'd definitely go... for history's sake...

===

ok, it looks like they have shows until May but only back east.  Wow.

Edited by trifle

14 minutes ago, trifle said:

Wow.

I mean, not that I've personally ever attended a circus.... unless you count Cirque du Soleil....

===

edit, but honestly, if they are going to do one last run, I'd definitely go... for history's sake...

===

ok, it looks like they have shows until May but only back east.  Wow.

Wow. That explains why they were willing to ditch the elephants a few months ago.

On the one hand, this makes me sad. On the other hand, I've got kids and have been to the circus many, many times in my life. I've probably seen Ringling Brothers 6-8 times in my life over the years. Honestly, it doesn't hold up that well as a grown-up. You see the elephants and they look tired and you're aware of people trying to free them, and everything is dirty and looks really worn down, and the tricks are fine but are WAY, WAY worse than what Cirque Du Soleil pulls off. Or Big Apple Circus (which apparently just declared bankruptcy).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

No one likes clowns anymore. 

When I think of a circus I don't think of clowns.  I think of trapeze artists, and people riding horses standing up and jumping through hoops.  Obviously, having never been to one, I can't speak to what is actually there.

28 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Silence is definitely wayyyyyy too long. Almost fell asleep multiple times. I enjoyed it though. Need to think it over and watch it again in a year or so.

Tsk tsk. I just got off the phone with my mom, who just got home after watching Silence tonight, and she was telling me how great it was without a single word about how long it was. She even said she didn't feel tired until the drive home - and that was after 1 am here, and they had to travel to another city to watch it. If it matters, she's in her 60s.

Spoiler

I kid, I kid. Honestly, I'm a little intimidated by films longer than ~2.5 hours or so, sometimes I almost blackout when getting up afterwards.

Pretty stoked to see this now, I know the reaction to it has been a little mixed but my mother and I usually have pretty similar taste.

• Like 3

Also, did a Patriots Day/Monster Trucks double feature. Patriots was really, really great! I was only in grade 8 when the actual rent happened and didn't know too much about it. Very respectful and I was gripped from start to finish.

Monster Trucks I gotta say isn't nearly as bad as we're all making it out to be! It's nothing great, but I, as well as all the other staff members I went with (including a manager) all liked it.

At my theatre, PD increased from 4.4M yesterday to around 6.5-7M today. Meanwhile Monster Trucks went from 10M yesterday to 14.8M. Will probably have a weekend here in the low to mid 30's (mid 30's more likely if the weather is as crappy tomorrow as the forecast says, lower if it is not).

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Brainiac5 said:

I've heard the flim isn't doing well as many of us thought.

This is why I asked the "Is it still gonna make a billion" question ,just was wondering if this flims was gonna be a 500domestic grosser and not make a billion.

Overseas however ,I would have put R1 at 700+.Barely or not crossing 500o.s really shocks me.

no Star Wars movie ever did over 500mill except TFA, so why did you think that spinoff will make 700+? any reason? with bad $ exchange and it was clear that domestic will be just around over 60% what TFA did...

and yes The Phantom Menace did 552mil, but not from first run..

Marek

Edited by Marek the Jedi
  • Like 8

5 hours ago, That One Guy said:

13 :ph34r:

Fuck I'm young.

If someone speaks about kiddies I think about pre-preschoolers mostly and maybe up to 2nd / 3rd grade, depending what the theme of the post is about.

In my POV you didn't qualify for filmlover's post ;) 

• Like 4