grim22

Black Adam | October 21, 2022 | New Line | Don't worry, it's a hit. Dwayne Johnson says so!

3 minutes ago, Eric Strode said:

Reactions have a real 45% on RT kind of energy. Should still do fine enough financially I guess.

If it gets 45 on RT I don’t think it’s gonna bring in enough fans who just look at RT to decide. 

4 minutes ago, Eric Strode said:

Reactions have a real 45% on RT kind of energy. Should still do fine enough financially I guess.

Eh I'm getting Aquaman vibes from the reactions. Weak script but high spectacle and world building that will leave people wanting more. Even some of the weaker reactions have said it's at least fun.

Almost his entire filmography is rotten, so I was always expecting the same for this with about 45-55%. If critics see this the same way they seen Aquaman, anything over 60% is a win.

The movie is action driven, fast-paced and has a weak script, but Jaume is not Wan.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I never exactly expected glowing reviews, but if it were to end up with a 45% or so on RT, I don’t think that would speak well for its financial prospects. 

Given how much you concern troll over wb movies, shouldn’t this doing poorly be a good thing for you? 😅

the one thing i’ll say is that most american critics have obscenely low standards, so this might still sneak a fresh

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TMP said:

Given how much you concern troll over wb movies, shouldn’t this doing poorly be a good thing for you? 😅

the one thing i’ll say is that most american critics have obscenely low standards, so this might still sneak a fresh

I’m not concern trolling. I’m not expecting this to be the next Morbius or anything like that. It’s always sort of just looked like something that would get an “eh” response, like most of the Rock’s filmography. 

If you’re referring to that under $100 million domestic club I made a while back, I’m actually not fully confident in that at this point. I probably should’ve gone with under Shazam! instead. 

These reactions are very bad honestly, even when it's just an solid or ok movie, these reactions tends to be written in a excited way, and most of them are very muted. 

Still, most of reviews on RT these days are from smaller blogs and geek platforms so if it's entertaining (which should be considering the non-stop action) it still can get somewhere close to Aquaman. 

But yeah i wouldn't be surprised with 45% either even if i'm not really expecting this.

I don't think it will have an negative effect on the box office aswell since unlike Marvel, DC doesn't rely on great reviews to be succesful. But it won't help either.

Edited by ThomasNicole

The reactions being tepid this early doesn't seem like a very good sign at all tbh (though hardly unexpected given how nondescript the previews for this have been overall). I doubt this will end up a Venom situation where it blows up at the box office regardless of reviews either.

Edited by filmlover

Didn't that clown Zaslav say this was an incredible film....that's why he canned Batgirl because it wasn't movie theater quality.

I'd love to know wtf from these reactions gave this clown an indication THIS was movie theater quality with a 45% RT score if that's what it gets.

If this is a shitshow then Zaslav deserves it, cause he's done nothing but create a negative atmosphere about WBD. I also am looking forward to the he tries to spin The Flash.

Edited by Cappoedameron
  • Like 1