grim22

Black Adam | October 21, 2022 | New Line | Don't worry, it's a hit. Dwayne Johnson says so!

5 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Didn't that clown Zaslav say this was an incredible film....that's why he canned Batgirl because it wasn't movie theater quality.

I'd love to know wtf from these reactions gave this clown an indication THIS was movie theater quality with a 45% RT score if that's what it gets.

If this is a shitshow then Zaslav deserves it, cause he's done nothing but create a negative atmosphere about WBD. I also am looking forward to the he tries to spin The Flash.

The Flash has reportedly had some of the best test screening responses for a DC film since Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy. 

14 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

this site really hates this movie lol

Nah, it’s just we’ve all been around for a lot of movies and early reactions so it’s not that hard to read through the lines. There’s a slim chance the action may carry the movie to slightly better reviews but we’ll have to see next week. 

• Like 6

"The best DC Movie since THE DARK KNIGHT" - someone soon 

Weintraub and Brandon Davis going positive is a huge win. They are pretty on point. This sounds like a Marvel movie. Also can't believe ET spoiled the post credits scene. 

Edited by excel1
  • Disbelief 1

Yeah, I'm sorry, but these impressions are not good enough to get audiences to pay their hard earned cash in the streaming era. Especially with Wakanda Forever launching just a few short weeks after. I'll still see it, but a sub-50M opening is looking very likely now. Dwayne is going to become the Joker when he realizes the movie he's been waiting for for over a decade and a half turns out to be a dud.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, Cappoedameron said:

Didn't that clown Zaslav say this was an incredible film....that's why he canned Batgirl because it wasn't movie theater quality.

I'd love to know wtf from these reactions gave this clown an indication THIS was movie theater quality with a 45% RT score if that's what it gets.

If this is a shitshow then Zaslav deserves it, cause he's done nothing but create a negative atmosphere about WBD. I also am looking forward to the he tries to spin The Flash.

Like I know hating Zaslav is your bit, but of course he's going to say Black Adam is incredible. It's literally his job to hype up shareholders and push films from his studio as being something good. Homeboy would have done this for Oogieloves 2. Do you really think he would go to the press and say "yeah this Black Adam sucks the big fat one"? Come on now. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Eric Strode said:

Like I know hating Zaslav is your bit, but of course he's going to say Black Adam is incredible. It's literally his job to hype up shareholders and push films from his studio as being something good. Homeboy would have done this for Oogieloves 2. Do you really think he would go to the press and say "yeah this Black Adam sucks the big fat one"? Come on now. 

My point is how is this considered "movie theater quality" if it's by many critics viewed as a shitshow when Batgirl was canned for being garbage? 

What makes this less garbage than Batgirl.

1 minute ago, Cappoedameron said:

My point is how is this considered "movie theater quality" if it's by many critics viewed as a shitshow when Batgirl was canned for being garbage? 

It wasn’t canned for being garbage. It was canned because Zaslav does not care about making movies for HBO Max, and he didn’t see it as a worthwhile movie for the big screen. 

8 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Because a 40-60 RT'ed movie is still  movie theater quality???

C'mon now, let's not overreact to what he said or that critics are implying this is a heaping pile of garbage.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Fielding said:

These criticisms of the script are amusing. Are we suddenly pretending that all those other superhero flicks represent the pinnacle of the art of scriptwriting?

We've seen a hundred of superhero projects in the past decade, if the script is too familiar and formulaic of course people will complain at this point.

It's not about the other movies being highly artistic, everyone is just tired of some of the common structures of the genre, a few Marvel projects is facing criticisms for being formulaic for years now.

35 minutes ago, Fielding said:

These criticisms of the script are amusing. Are we suddenly pretending that all those other superhero flicks represent the pinnacle of the art of scriptwriting?

Some have good scripts, some have great scripts, some have bad scripts, some have atrocious scripts

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Cappoedameron said:

Unless you've seen both movies, I'd say you know less than Zaslav and Warner Bros. does.  And yeah, there's no indication that Batgirl was horrible (stop believing Twitter-mongers), just that it didn't fit whatever "vision" Zaslav has for the future of DC characters on the big screen.  I still don't see why it can't eventually get released in some form, as a bonus feature somewhere else...but he's the CEO and yes, he will promote his top-budgeted projects, obviously...  

Edited by Macleod

Predicting the RT scores from the reactions has become so hard, it could go either way. Still hoping for a fresh score. But with all the talk about the cameo, and The Rock being a global draw, I’m still pretty confident in the film’s success. I’m rooting for it, The Rock seems like a nice guy who really tried his best the please the fans, and he’s been so enthusiastic about the film.

• Like 2