grim22

Black Adam | October 21, 2022 | New Line | Don't worry, it's a hit. Dwayne Johnson says so!

12 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

This movie being a dud also means Man of Steel 2 is probably headed straight back to development hell. At this point that Black Superman movie Hamada was backing might actually be a more financially sound idea.

I don't see what this film's success (or lack of) has to do with a possible MoS sequel. There's no reason to view this film as a referendum on Cavill.

6 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

ZSJL being above Aquaman on RT just proves hot useless RT is as a resource. lmao

Y'all know this is a movie called BLACK ADAM, right? Starring THE ROCK?

Anything above 70% would've been astonishing. I'd say if this stays above 40%, it will be more than entertaining enough for me/general audiences. (MOM has over 70% and... yikes)

Aquaman has 412 reviews (65%), the other awful movie has 306 reviews (71%). Context matters, there is almost no difference considering the number of reviews.

1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

Aquaman has 412 reviews (65%), the other awful movie has 306 reviews (71%). Context matters, there is almost no difference considering the number of reviews.

ZSJL is actually much more critic friendly, but its also 4 hours. Flash and Cyborg in particular have actual arcs. 

2 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

Unless the Crusader King Against Streaming ‘Deadline Anthony’ is giving up the numbers consider any other reported budget to be complete BS.

This is not a report from Anthony.

Remember when one Deadline writer reported The Batman had a $100m budget in a throwaway line?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, excel1 said:

LOL no. Cavill Superman should be JJ Abrams comeback movie. 

the abrams superman movie's probably dead lol, and i say this as someone who though coates was an interesting choice to write it. they should get mcquarrie for the cavill film, assuming that's not dead too.

1 minute ago, Cappoedameron said:

Zaslav said he'd only allow quality in theaters. That's why Batgirl was canned, so explain this "quality" Zaslav?

I hope this movie bombs so that shareholders start looking at Zaslav as something holding the company back because his headlines have done nothing but tank the stock of WB.

Black Adam was already finished. Batgirl was not