grim22

Black Adam | October 21, 2022 | New Line | Don't worry, it's a hit. Dwayne Johnson says so!

10 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

The CBMs this year have been a letdown apart from The Batman. I hope BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER delivers.

I kinda forgot The Batman was even a thing...

it hasn't been a good year.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Are you guys seripusly ask why? There is not a aingle character moment in any of the trailers worth investing for.

Its just yhe Rock looking badass and throwing cool one liners like he does in every movie. Why would the audience care?

He is the strongest, unfazed, badass, wittier and awesomest guy in the room!!!! Thats not a xharacter, thats male fantasy....

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Yet people will still say Zaslav isn't a problem with WB...

Was HBO Max a “perfectly fine streaming service?” It apparently wasn’t even all that successful, otherwise there wouldn’t have been any need to fudge the numbers. The Batgirl and Scoob decisions were certainly bad optics, though. 

Anyway, has this movie already been released OS? 

Edited by WittyUsername

3 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Was HBO Max a “perfectly fine streaming service?” It apparently wasn’t even all that successful, otherwise there wouldn’t have been any need to fudge the numbers. The Batgirl and Scoob decisions were certainly bad optics, though. 

Anyway, has this movie already been released OS? 

It was pretty much universally known that HBO Max had the best quality when it came to their streaming shows then any other streaming service included Netflix. They had the best original content.

Also yes the movie has already released in France and SK to name a few and it's performance there is less then Shazam!

Edited by Cappoedameron

18 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

It was pretty much universally known that HBO Max had the best quality when it came to their streaming shows then any other streaming service included Netflix. They had the best original content.

Also yes the movie has already released in France and SK to name a few and it's performance there is less then Shazam!

I’ll post my comment on HBO Max over in the WB thread, since I don’t want to derail this thread.

Ouch on those BA numbers. 

Edit: Jesus, it’s under Catwoman and Fant4stic?

Edited by WittyUsername

See how everything goes before the weekend is over. Obviously the biggest issue here is that straight up nobody knows the character and if it wasn't 't The Rock starring, this would be doing horrendous numbers across the board. However, it is The Rock & if they have him face off with Cavill's Superman in 2 years, that film will heavily benefit from this intro film. 

Edited by excel1

48 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

it's under fan4stic and Catwoman in france.

Fant4stic would have done 400+ worldwide easily if it had similar reception to this. Looks like the general public didn't really care. Jungle Cruise a bigger hit worldwide than Black Adam. Lol. Told you Rock has no star power whatsoever. 

3 minutes ago, excel1 said:

See how everything goes before the weekend is over. Obviously the biggest issue here is that straight up nobody knows the character and if it wasn't 't The Rock starring, this would be doing horrendous numbers across the board. However, it is The Rock & if they have him face off with Cavill's Superman in 2 years, that film will heavily benefit from this intro film. 

How DC hasn't paid off the McDuffie family and put out a Static Shock movie is just beyond me. I'd argue its more recognisable than Shazam and Black Adam.