kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

3 hours ago, CloneWars said:

2 hour movies sometimes work really well. The first two Spider-Mans directed by Raimi also have similar runtimes. And, yes, Doctor Strange 1 came out eons ago before Strange got a boost in IW, EG, NWH and of course the entire multiverse aspect of this movie. And, I guess you can argue Wanda as a draw. 

The first two Spider-Man movies were about one hero and one villain in this film we have

Spoiler

Wanda

Prof x

Deadpool

Model

Loki

Clea

And several other variants

And continuing storylines from wandavision no way home and possibly Loki

No way 2 hours 6 minutes could possibly be enough

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, VENOM said:

NWH is a Sony film. Sony doesn’t release MCU flicks. Just because two Disney characters cameo in Sony’s spider-verse that doesn’t change that just like when Sony let’s Spider-Man cameo in the MCU films like the avengers it doesn’t suddenly make them Sony films.

When the literal main character of the movie is being called a "cameo" LMAO

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Despite the huge ammount of characters, most of them are literally cameos with some seconds of screentime, calm down. 

NWH make it work in 148 minutes with 6 villains, 3 heroes + Doctor Strange + supporting actors all of them with relevant screen time. DS2 could easily be less than that if we count just the characters with actual development and more than a quick scene.

I do think it will be hard, it's a very difficult task, but totally doable to make it work in 126 minutes.

Also: edit your post dropping names, i think it can be seeing as spoilers even if it's nothing beyond rumors.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

When the literal main character of the movie is being called a "cameo" LMAO

He is a cameo, the title of the movie should spell it out for you. He’s only there briefly as a plot device to open the portal then Spider-Man literally removes him from his movie. Now Spider-Man’s friend has the portal powers so he served his purpose.

1 hour ago, VENOM said:

He is a cameo, the title of the movie should spell it out for you. He’s only there briefly as a plot device to open the portal then Spider-Man literally removes him from his movie. Now Spider-Man’s friend has the portal powers so he served his purpose.

I'm not talking about Dr. Strange...

8 hours ago, VENOM said:

It’s a Sony film distributed by Sony.

I am sure that Feige and Disney see it as an MCU film even if Sony is the one distributing it. But, I think you are being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian and don't actually believe the nonsense you're typing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CloneWars said:

I am sure that Feige and Disney see it as an MCU film even if Sony is the one distributing it. But, I think you are being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian and don't actually believe the nonsense you're typing.

Who owns the rights to Spider-Man?

Sony Pictures

Sony Pictures own, finance, distribute, and exercise final creative control over the Spider-Man films.

12 hours ago, VENOM said:

Who owns the rights to Spider-Man?

Sony Pictures

Sony Pictures own, finance, distribute, and exercise final creative control over the Spider-Man films.

If cute that you think you proved a point here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fox20 said:

If cute that you think you proved a point here.

Believe what you want but my actual point is NWH’s success has little to do with what’s happening in the MCU. The characters from previous successful Sony Spider-Man movies is what made NWH a success. Outside of that if you look at disney/marvel movies in 2021 whether it’s eternals or Shang-chi they didn’t generate anything like the hype or success.

• Like 1

200 is 77% of NWH, which seems like a lot. But NWH would have done maybe 300M in this release spot, so 67% isn’t asking too much. All it really needs to avoid embarrassment imo is to at least double DS1

Spoiler

DS3 will have to do triple 85M though — maybe they should wait another 6 years ;) 

2 hours ago, VENOM said:

Believe what you want but my actual point is NWH’s success has little to do with what’s happening in the MCU. The characters from previous successful Sony Spider-Man movies is what made NWH a success. Outside of that if you look at disney/marvel movies in 2021 whether it’s eternals or Shang-chi they didn’t generate anything like the hype or success.

Exactly people actually think NWH was a huge success due to the multiverse or something and not because of the character itself, If people think it will be similar for Ds2 they are going to be disappointed. DS2 will open big but i'm not sure about its legs.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Villain Legion said:

200 is 77% of NWH, which seems like a lot. But NWH would have done maybe 300M in this release spot, so 67% isn’t asking too much. All it really needs to avoid embarrassment imo is to at least double DS1

Hide contents

DS3 will have to do triple 85M though — maybe they should wait another 6 years ;) 

Are you assuming boost from Covid conditions? I didn't see much evidence of NWH's OW being deflated that much by the actual date.