kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

What meltdown lol, the reviews is exactly what i expect after reactions 

The shows are mostly bad and i do think it's impacting the movies, where's the meltdown? If you can't deal with different opinions that's not my problem.

Lots of the scripts criticisms for DS2 is directly related to Wanda and the lack of continuity compared to her arc in WandaVision, i rest my case.

Regardless of what me or you think about the tv shows, the tv shows so far have good-great reviews from both critics and audiences

Edited by john2000

I didn't think WV was all that great either. Moon Knight has been solid so far but I think it'll be another one of those let down by its ending. 

But john is right to point out that WV did have pretty strong reception overall, as did Loki. 

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Like 2

I remember Scott Derrickson said he wanted to play it safe with Clea as the new love interest and Nightmare as the new villain, which means Dr. Strange 2 could be a very generic superhero film but Feige wanted the other way which we are having now. It's ...strange to see people criticize that Feige doesn't want to take the risk and the films' RT scores are lower than the previous phases because of it.

16 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Reviews seems expected 

64 on metacritic with 29 reviews 

RT is lagging but shows 86%  

Meta should finish with 63-65 and RT the 75-80% everyone expect after reactions 

I would like to see better but well, at least is decent and won't hurt the box office like Eternals.

Now Feige should rethink the MCU future, after he started producing 5-6 shows per year along with the movies, the quality is lacking. Off the last 5 movies, 1 had bad reviews and 2 got ok reviews, this is not acceptable.

Phase 4 is definitely hit and miss for me. The ones I disliked I will never watch again and the worst subversion in MCU for me happened in this phase.

Personally I liked Wandavision, Moon Knight, Loki, Shang Chi, NWH

Disliked FaTWS, Black Widow, Eternals

Neutral on Hawkeye, What If

I don't think it has anything to do with scaling up though, but more about scaling out. What I mean by that is straying away from the formula that got them here. By doing both at the same time there'll be some misses. Hopefully they iron it all out.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, john2000 said:

Regardless of what me or you think about the tv shows, the tv shows so far have good-great reviews from both critics and audiences

8 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

I didn't think WV was all that great either. Moon Knight has been solid so far but I think it'll be another one of those let down by its ending. 

But john is right to point out that WV did have pretty strong reception overall, as did Loki. 

None of the shows have particularly impressive audience ratings imo. WV MK Loki on the better side vs FWS WhatIf and Hawkeye though

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Menor Reborn said:

I think the TV shows are decent, that's why they have good reviews. 

The problem is specific, they don't know how to end them, even WV and Loki have tons of criticism from fans because it's rushed or messy. 

But beyond that, since it's all connected they impact the movies, and in DS2 case it seems like the connection doesn't work, it's one of the mains criticisms.

I don't know if it's lack of time to write more carefully, i just really believes Feige having to manage 3x more content than before the shows is having some impact on the quality control since he produce everything, that's not the same of saying the reviews are bad or MCU is crumbling like some understand idk why. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

What meltdown lol, the reviews is exactly what i expect after reactions and they're decent.

Still, the shows are mostly bad and i do think it's impacting the movies, where's the meltdown? If you can't deal with different opinions that's not my problem.

Lots of the scripts criticisms for DS2 is directly related to Wanda and the lack of continuity compared to her arc in WandaVision, i rest my case.

Ofc you’re entitled to your opinion to like/dislike marvel content, but to say Feige should make a whole-sale change based on one posters opinion on BOT is the definition of a meltdown and completely ludicrous. 

Feige doesn’t give a DICK what you, I, or anyone else thinks, and believe it or not every single Disney plus show from marvel got at least 85% on RT. The movies were well liked by the GA as well(minus Eternals)

You don’t have to like marvel films/tv shows, but to say there should be a wholesale change based on a movie which the GA hasn’t even seen yet is asinine.

• Like 2

Loki and Falcon & Winter Soldier have some of the most glacially atrocious pacing I've ever seen. You could turn both of those shows into 2.5 hour movies and nothing would be compromised or lost. Don't know if it's because Papa Feige has no clue how to make TV shows or what, but it's frankly ridiculous.

• Like 5

Just now, KJsooner said:

Ofc you’re entitled to your opinion to like/dislike marvel content, but to say Feige should make a whole-sale change based on one posters opinion on BOT is the definition of a meltdown and completely ludicrous. 

Feige doesn’t give a DICK what you, I, or anyone else thinks, and believe it or not every single Disney plus show from marvel got at least 85% on RT. The movies were well liked by the GA as well(minus Eternals)

You don’t have to like marvel films/tv shows, but to say there should be a wholesale change based on a movie which the GA hasn’t even seen yet is asinine.

Yes i do think the production of TV shows should slow down a bit to focus a bit more on the movies again because many of these shows are unnecessary, and obviously is my opinion what else should be? We have very different views of what a meltdown is. 

But anyway this discussion isn't relevant so anyway, back on topic, 84% with 58 reviews (6.9 average)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eric Strange said:

Loki and Falcon & Winter Soldier have some of the most glacially atrocious pacing I've ever seen. You could turn both of those shows into 2.5 hour movies and nothing would be compromised or lost. Don't know if it's because Papa Feige has no clue how to make TV shows or what, but it's frankly ridiculous.

Agreed, that Loki finale is just an hour long exposition, nothing happen, it's bizarre. 

He is the writer of DS2 too iirc.

Just now, Knights of Ren said:

Of course you do 

Of course , another one of your stupid comments .......listen buddy every opinion is subjective its time to learn that and for the record i wasnt a big fan of half of the d+ tv shows.

• Haha 1