Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend topic: Split: $26.2m (Amazing drop!!!) | ADP: $18.3m | RE: $13.8m | HF: $14m | Gold $3.4m

2 hours ago, Matrix4You said:

Can you please help me?

Box office mojo lists Resident Evil 4 and 5 having a bigger gross in Japan then the newest one, yet everywhere else I look it says Final Chapter is the biggest.

RESIDENT EVIL 4

Japan Sony 9/10/10 $8,272,977 15% $55,120,606 12/12/10

RESIDENT EVIL 5

Japan Sony 9/14/12 $8,650,515 17.9% $48,340,948 12/23/12

RESIDENT EVIL 6

Japan Sony 12/23/16 $5,279,027 15.6% $33,868,495 1/22/17

Referring to exchange rates.  In local currency:

- Y3.9 billion for Resident Evil 6

- Y3.8 billion for Resident Evil 5

- Y4.7 billion for Resident Evil 4

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

http://deadline.com/2017/01/dogs-purpose-split-resident-evil-gold-box-office-1201895463/

Split 22-24m (7m+ Friday)

ADP 17-18m (5-5.5m Friday)

RE 15m (5.5m Friday)

HF 12-13m (3.5m Friday)

Gold 4m (1-1.5m Friday)

Split is going to have DB's legs just like I predicted, amazing.

Resident Evil is just not something that sparks much interest in the States and PETA/TMZ killed the other movie's chance of doing surprising business and so we get a dead thread.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 2

Split seems to be holding well - on pace for $120-130 million DOM. 

A Dog's Purpose is doing as well as it could have, given the controversy. $18 million OW/$60-65 million DOM would be solid for it.

RE6 is doing a little better than I expected. Underworld 5 had me lowering my predictions, but still a middling result.

Hidden Figures could finish above The Help, depending on how it holds the next two weekends.

Curious about La La Land's Friday/weekend projections. 

• Like 6

Resident Evil movies have always made most of their money overseas.

If The Final Chapter makes 15 million this weekend, it'll probably make something between 32-40 million domestic and something like 150-170 million overseas. Given the fact that RE seems to be performing much better overseas than previous ones, I guess 200 million won't be impossible. It'll also get released in China. So, there's that.

The budget is quite low ( 40 million ) and that's really impressive. That's barely the same budget of the first RE movie!!!

I'm pretty sure we'll eventually get a new RE movie called Resident Evil Regeneration, with a tagline "Evil always finds its way back!".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Resident Evil movies have always made most of their money overseas.

If The Final Chapter makes 15 million this weekend, it'll probably make something between 32-40 million domestic and something like 150-170 million overseas. Given the fact that RE seems to be performing much better overseas than previous ones, I guess 200 million won't be impossible. It'll also get released in China. So, there's that.

The budget is quite low ( 40 million ) and that's really impressive. That's barely the same budget of the first RE movie!!!

I'm pretty sure we'll eventually get a new RE movie called Resident Evil Regeneration, with a tagline "Evil always finds its way back!".

Nah, Cjohn has got the right idea, a reboot more loyal to the games is coming. Shame though, I'll miss Alice.

tumblr_mab9ntXCKC1r66u20o1_500.gif

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 6

I'm bored enough to just make some predictions through February, if anyone would like to join :lol:

Split - 121M total

Resident Evil - 37M total

DogsPurpose - 55M total

Rings - 14/32

SpaceBetween Us - 8/20

Lego Batman - 58/200

50 Shades - 40/100

John Wick 22/60

Fist Fight - 21/59

Tye Great Wall - 18/45

Cure for Wellness - 11/28

Get Out - 16/40

• Like 6

Resident Evil is a secretly great b-movie franchise and PWS Anderson is a secretly great b-movie director. Event Horizon, Pompeii and all the Resident Evils he directed are very good movies, and most of his other stuff are above average. His only movie that I found bad was that 3 Musketeers remake with Orlando Bloom.

• Like 4