grim22

BOT's Top 25 Movies of 2016 Countdown. Reveal complete. Master list in first post.

Just now, elcaballero said:

Late to the party, but it's crazy how much Captain America: Civil War has fallen out of favor.

It hasn't, it's still highly regarded.  The people bitching about it are the same ones that bitched when it came out.  For all the talk of Marvel loonies the Marvel fan base is never very militant at getting out the vote as the DC diehards  (MOS was #9 and I think TDKR topped one poll) or even the Star Wars acolytes (Rogue for Best Ensemble?  Really?)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It hasn't, it's still highly regarded.  The people bitching about it are the same ones that bitched when it came out.  For all the talk of Marvel loonies the Marvel fan base is never very militant at getting out the vote as the DC diehards  (MOS was #9 and I think TDKR topped one poll) or even the Star Wars acolytes (Rogue for Best Ensemble?  Really?)

And none of them can touch the Disney brigade. B)

This might seem weird but maybe if Civil War was the only comic book film in 2016 I'd feel better about it (it was my favorite of the bunch), but the # of superhero films burnt me out last year. 

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

That seems to be a common sentiment.

It could be some bleed over effect from films I actively disliked (I feel more apathy towards Civil War than any dislike) that I'm lumping them all into one group. Suicide Squad, its power.

• Like 2

I can roll with this. Great to see OJ and Don't Breathe sneaking in. Might have been more mad at CW and BVS but that tie is priceless.

Think if American Honey isn't one of the next two or three films then it's definitely missed. Hoping against hope it's there.

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

Once this list is done I'm pretty sure if I were to show it to friends and family they would be like "what the hell are half of these movies? Are you making them up?" Yeahhhhhhhhh.

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

You guys love putting in movies none outside movie nerds even heard of or care about so if you guys didn'tt put Sing Street, one of these indie movies that is actually deserving, high on this list I'm gonna be damn pissed.

If you haven't seen them, how would you know? :P 

• Like 2

Really REALLY hope hacksaw makes top 5. And I'm cool with arrival being high, just don't let it be #1 (plenty of better movies this year).

And if edge of 17 doesn't show up (which it won't) you guys gotta see more movies, or give your head a shake ;):) 

• Like 2