CJohn

The Oscars 2017 on ABC | 89th Academy Awards | Discuss It Live Here | Super Sale to Honor the Steve Harvey moment! (p124)

Moonlight's cast is wonderful far beyond Ali and Harris, who were terrific I legitimately think that Trevante Rhodes has next big thing potential. Charismatic as hell, real, great in interviews, and a really good looking guy that happens to be jacked to all hell. Glad he's getting cast in alot. He can be a STAR. Andre Holland is awesome too. I really think the third act of Moonlight was just as spectacular as what came before it. :hellothere: All three acts are magnetic in complex, different ways. I can't wait to see it again. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I didn't really notice it last night but man Brie wasn't happy giving Affleck that Oscar and made little attempt to hide it:

There's a significant amount of backlash against him from a lot of lot of creative types I follow on Twitter. They don't doubt his talent, but they really don't appreciate his past issues (and lack of transparency or real contrition, or making amends such as is possible). I don't think he'll get blacklisted or anything, but he may have more trouble landing bigger parts than you might expect from a new Best Actor winner.

12 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Yes. 2015 you were ejaculating all over the place for Tom Hardy and Mad Max. Then he did that movie directed by your enemy and broke up with him and Andrew Garfield became your new favorite thanks to Hacksaw Ridge and Silence.

Is this English? because it sounds like a fishnetian dialect

14 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Yes. 2015 you were ejaculating all over the place for Tom Hardy and Mad Max. Then he did that movie directed by your enemy and broke up with him and Andrew Garfield became your new favorite thanks to Hacksaw Ridge and Silence.

Although between the Mad Max and Hacksaw love I wonder if it's just a Mel thing. Bad Tele!

I never broke up with my man Tom! He gave REVENANT the moments of awesomeness it had! He alone had the insight to take on the project in exactly the right way!

:lol: 

3 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Is this English? because it sounds like a fishnetian dialect

I'm just joking around with Tele, as usual.

3 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

There's a significant amount of backlash against him from a lot of lot of creative types I follow on Twitter. They don't doubt his talent, but they really don't appreciate his past issues (and lack of transparency or real contrition, or making amends such as is possible). I don't think he'll get blacklisted or anything, but he may have more trouble landing bigger parts than you might expect from a new Best Actor winner.

Yeah, I feel like his win would be getting much more attention if it weren't for that Best Picture blunder completely overshadowing everything else. It's a shame because I really thought he deserved that award for his masterful work in Manchester by the Sea.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I never broke up with my man Tom! He gave REVENANT the moments of awesomeness it had! He alone had the insight to take on the project in exactly the right way!

:lol: 

Yosemite Sam was one of the best parts of the Revenant

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Moonlight's cast is wonderful far beyond Ali and Harris, who were terrific I legitimately think that Trevante Rhodes has next big thing potential. Charismatic as hell, real, great in interviews, and a really good looking guy that happens to be jacked to all hell. Glad he's getting cast in alot. He can be a STAR. Andre Holland is awesome too. I really think the third act of Moonlight was just as spectacular as what came before it. :hellothere: All three acts are magnetic in complex, different ways. I can't wait to see it again. 

Moonlight really did have the best ensemble of any movie of last year, just because it's next to impossible to single out anyone when everyone's so good.

• Like 2

I didn't give a damn whether Affleck dude wins (it was kinda worth it to see Brie once again being so done with the handing awards shit to him though. My girl :wub:

But that acceptance speech of him was terrible, it's like a rubbing it in the face to Denzel, no wonder he looked mad lol. 

• Like 2