FlashMaster659

Mar 3-5 Weekend - Official Estimates - Logan 85.3m, Get Out 26.1m, Shack 16.1m, LEGO Bat 16.5, BIF 4.9m

18 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Unfortunately I don't have final numbers for Logan at my theatre tonight (have to wait a while to hear from my manager) but it's somewhere around 27M sort of disappointing after 11M Thursday, but pre sales for matinees are strong, and it's still going to go well past my (our equivalent of) 75M prediction.

Before I Fall outperformed and did 3.6M Friday, wasn't expecting that for sure. Batman did 3.1, but I was really pissed at Get Out's numbers. Only 5.5-5.8 opening Friday, it should have done way better.

But holy crap Ballerina (Leap!) was a huge shock with 5.8M Friday.

nice!!! 

Edited by Slicknickshady
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

I like days of the future past more than logan, I hardly see the possibility of logan to become the 1st oscar-nominated film unless the academy embrace to its western-theme 

Would make sense, I'm honestly excited for Logan because of it's R-Rated Western Themes.  If it was just another wolverine I'd probably care less.

31 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

I like days of the future past more than logan, I hardly see the possibility of logan to become the 1st oscar-nominated film unless the academy embrace to its western-theme 

they nominate crap like Mad Max Fury Road or Avatar which are only good on a technical level, don't underestimate the academy

• Like 1

DEADLINE UPDATE

‘Logan’ Looks To Log $79M+ Opening; Audiences Love ‘Shack’ – Late Night Box Office Update

logan-3

3rd Update, Friday 10:42 PM: A year after they rattled the box office annals with Deadpool, 20th Century Fox is proving once again that there’s moola in R-rated Marvel movies with Loganbilled as the final Wolverine movie. The Hugh Jackman-tentpole is poised to record the biggest opening day in March for an R-rated movie with an estimated $32.1M (including Thursday’s $9.5M) and if that figure holds into Saturday morning, it will be the third best opening day overall for for the rating after Deadpool ($47.3M) and The Matrix Reloaded ($37.5M).

Among opening days for superhero movies, Logan is 8% off the $34.4M earned by 2009’s X-Men Origins: Wolverine, the first movie in the trilogy.

This currently puts Logan‘s opening weekend at $79.6M at 4,071 theaters (the widest ever for an R-rated pic),

Also...

GO: 25.2M

The Shack:17.1M

BEFORE I FALL:3.9M

Edited by Finnick
  • Like 5

17 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

they nominate crap like Mad Max Fury Road or Avatar which are only good on a technical level, don't underestimate the academy

but i think mad max and avatar are worthy in regard their nomination, it still filmmaking achievement that should be recorded in award history, luckily both are not in screenplay category, their story were.....

7 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

but i think mad max and avatar are worthy in regard their nomination, it still filmmaking achievement that should be recorded in award history, luckily both are not in screenplay category, their story were.....

it they nominate a blockbuster this year it may be War For the Planet of The Apes, if its good

1.) Logan(Fox), 4,071 theaters  / $32M Fri. (includes $9.5M in previews) / 3-day: $79.8M /Wk 1

2.) Get Out (UNI), 2,938 theaters (+157) / $7.9M Fri. (-%) / 3-day: $26.6M (-27%)/Total: $76.4/Wk 2

3.) The Shack (LG), 2,888 theaters  / $5.7M Fri. (includes $850k in previews) / 3-day: $16.5M /Wk 1

4). The LEGO Batman Movie (WB), 3,656 theaters (-401) / $2.6M Fri. (-38%) / 3-day: $11.9M (-38%) / Total: $148.8M/Wk 4

1. John Wick: Chapter 2(LGF), 2,475 theaters (-479) / $1.3M Fri. (-46%) / 3-day: $4.8M (-48%) / Total:$82.9M / Wk 4

NOTABLES:

Moonlight (A24), tkk theaters (-x) / $650K Fri (+x%) / 3-day:$2.2M (+214%) / Total: $25M / Wk 20

Rock Dog (LGF), 2,077 theaters / $423K Fri. (-%)/ 3-day: $1.9M  (-48%) /Total:$6.3M Wk 2

Table 19 (FSL), 868 theaters / $500K Fri.  / 3-day: $1.4M /Wk 1

Collide (OR/IM Global), 1,002 theaters (1,043) / $59K Fri. (-%) / 3-day: $202K (-87%)/Total: $2.2M/Wk 2

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Fudge dat shit to 80 m, Fox!

Logan deserves it!

Uh oh, I used the "d" word... :jeb!:

More dramatically realistic SH movies, please....

Thank God, there is no city-wide destruction in this one.