DAJK

Weekend Estimates: Kong 61M, Logan 37.8M, Get Out 21M, Shack 10M, Lego Batman 7.8M

I just came back from Kong. It's a decent, enjoyable time at the theater and the monster battles were fantastic. But everything else was meh. I know it's focused on the monsters but man, some of the soundtrack annoyed me like crazy. 

B-/B

PS: The Asian actress was hilarious. She served absolutely zero purpose in the film other than saying three lines, and most were no longer than a few words. I've never seen a character so disposable. 

• Like 5

@WrathOfHan how was it?

I just came back from Kong. It's a decent, enjoyable time at the theater and the monster battles were fantastic. But everything else was meh. I know it's focused on the monsters but man, some of the soundtrack annoyed me like crazy. 

B-/B

PS: The Asian actress was hilarious. She served absolutely zero purpose in the film other than saying three lines, and most were no longer than a few words. I've never seen a character so disposable. 

What Noctis said. It's a 7/10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Noctis said:

She apparently has connections within Legendary/Wanda who are trying to make her a known face in the west. She was in The Great Wall, now Kong and soon Pacific Rim 2.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Noctis said:

The power of dating with a higher-up at Legendary.

• Like 2

Just now, grim22 said:

She apparently has connections within Legendary/Wanda who are trying to make her a known face in the west. She was in The Great Wall, now Kong and soon Pacific Rim 2.

At least in The Great Wall she was one of the leads. Here she was goddamn useless Grim. She is also an awful actress :lol: 

Just now, grim22 said:

Well, she can piss off if she's going to be as irrelevant in Pacific Rim. And her English accent sucks. 

2 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Well, she can piss off if she's going to be as irrelevant in Pacific Rim. And her English accent sucks. 

Pacific Rim's gonna bomb except in China where her star power is going to help it make over 100M. 

1 minute ago, DealWithIt said:

A person whose first language is not English, not having a good English accent. 

In other news, water has been discovered to be wet. More at 11.

Yeah I don't get that criticism? 

Having an accent is not something she can change.

‘Kong: Skull Island’ Conquering ‘Logan’ For Top Spot At B.O. With $53M – Midday Update

2ND Update Midday: Warner Bros./Legendary’s Kong: Skull Island is floating toward a $20M Friday –that’s 37% better Pacific Rim‘s first day ($14.6M) and $500K shy of San Andreas ($20.5M) — which points the monster pic toward an opening weekend of $53M. That’s based off of non-Warner Bros. reported matinee projections.

http://deadline.com/2017/03/kong-skull-island-logan-weekend-box-office-get-out-1202040377/

• Like 14

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

She doesn't even have star power.  Reportedly, the Chinese hate her :lol: 

Pacific Rim is easily gonna do 200M in China anyway.

• Like 1

Just now, Truckasaurus said:

‘Kong: Skull Island’ Conquering ‘Logan’ For Top Spot At B.O. With $53M – Midday Update

2ND Update Midday: Warner Bros./Legendary’s Kong: Skull Island is floating toward a $20M Friday –that’s 37% better Pacific Rim‘s first day ($14.6M) and $500K shy of San Andreas ($20.5M) — which points the monster pic toward an opening weekend of $53M. That’s based off of non-Warner Bros. reported matinee projections.

http://deadline.com/2017/03/kong-skull-island-logan-weekend-box-office-get-out-1202040377/

HOLY SHIT. @Gokira2012

Deadline usually underestimates too so it has a chance at breaking 55M :ohmygod::ohmygod: 

31 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Legendary is more than just films, they own things like Nerdist. My guess is that unlike Relativity, Legendary is safe for now but I do wonder what will happen if Universal doesn't renew their financing deal with them which seems likely, they could go to Paramount or Sony. 

Either way, I would be a very sad panda. Paramount is clueless right now, and Sony is trying to throw things at the wall and see what sticks (while failing).

2 minutes ago, YSLDC said:

Legendary produced Jurassic World for Universal. Universal are not going to let them die.

Legendary financed 25% of the budget of JW, Universal did that as part of the deal when they signed with them, Universal doesn't need them for the sequel as they can take on more of the risk or use another financier like Perfect World

• Like 1