franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | The 9th most profitable film of 2023

Given all the publicity surrounding Gunn's firing would other studios really be lining up to hire him though? I don't think other studios might want the baggage he would bring into their production with the whole pedophilia jokes. 

2 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Given all the publicity surrounding Gunn's firing would other studios really be lining up to hire him though? I don't think other studios might want the baggage he would bring into their production with the whole pedophilia jokes. 

Maybe, amazon said they passed on Gunn tv project month ago... but who knows:

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/news/a862346/guardians-of-the-galaxy-james-gunn-starsky-and-hutch-reboot-dropped-amazon/

But unlike Amazon&Disney, other studios need director and do not have a brand to protect as much or at all, Disney is probably the only studio that people are aware they are watching a movie from the studio in question or taking it in consideration when buying a ticket.

• Like 1

Apparently the twitter campaign to try to force Disney to rehire Gunn failed.

Preditable, really.

It stopped being about Gunn and became about Disney management feeling it's basic power to make production decisions was being threatned. and it not want to be seen in the position of caving in to a few angry actors. A quitter approach might have worked better. You NEVER challenge somebody's authority to make a decision like that openly unless you have a lot more muscle thant the actors doing the tweeting did.. Guaranteed to backfire.

Edited by dudalb

42 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Apparently the twitter campaign to try to force Disney to rehire Gunn failed.

Preditable, really.

It stopped being about Gunn and became about Disney management feeling it's basic power to make production decisions was being threatned. and it not want to be seen in the position of caving in to a few angry actors. A quitter approach might have worked better. You NEVER challenge somebody's authority to make a decision like that openly unless you have a lot more muscle thant the actors doing the tweeting did.. Guaranteed to backfire.

In any case, it’s time to move on now. Gunn isn’t coming back, so the detractors can rest easy, and the people who wanted him to be rehired are just going to have to get over it. Marvel is going to need to find someone else to help oversee the cosmic side of the MCU moving forward. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

Lord and Miller

I doubt that is goind to happen after what happened with "Solo".

Land M had better be prepared for Feige to be keeping very close tabs on them during the filming....Fiege will not be put in the same situation as Kennedy was on Solo.  Feige is aware that Kennedy though her and L and M were on the same page with Solo.

In fact, I suspect that L and M will not be working on a Disney project for some time.

20 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

Lord and Miller

In retrospect, re-hiring Gunn at this point was cause a box office decline imo, GOTG is seen at least to an extent as a family movie, and the news of him getting fire and the reasons are out in the open, and very public my friend who sees about 10 movies a year knew about it without me telling him. Had the firing never happened and Disney just swept it under the rug and there would have been little backlash, now of course finding a new director may hurt it a bit as well, but not much if they can make a good movie. I do see it hard topping GOTG 2 at this point though.

Edited by Kalo

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 12:43 PM, jking123 said:

Zackie Snyder save us!!  

I hope you are joking.

Thous I could see Snyder doing a PUnisher or Daredevil film in the MCU;. And it would be fun just to see all the Snyder fanboys who have a hatred of the MCU as part of their DNA ,have their heads explode.

It's weird because both Snyder and Gunn was director and writer respectively on their first big break in hollywood with Dawn of the Dead and yet here we are with both of them parting ways with their respective studios under these similar conditions.

Edited by DMan7

41 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

It's weird because both Snyder and Gunn was director and writer respectively on their first big break in hollywood with Dawn of the Dead and yet here we are with both of them parting ways with their respective studios under these similar conditions.

Umm... similar conditions?

2 hours ago, DMan7 said:

Eh, no.

• Like 1