Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Deadline has gone crazy with that weekend projection. Would need an unprecedented increase on Saturday and a ridiculous hold on Sunday. 165-ish is most possible with 64. 48M True Friday, possibly 58-60 Saturday and 42-45 Sunday.

That is what they are saying in the article. Saturday is looking at a huge increase. Like $65 million. 

4 minutes ago, TelemAAchos said:

It's past my bedtime -- for a minute there I thought you were talking about @Jayhawk, @MrPink, and @Cmasterclay

I mean everything he is is pretty true of me except I don't give a fuck about these same ass comic book movies anymore really. Also waiting on my Oscar/Boffy. But otherwise, it tracks. I do flail in my perpetual anger quite a bit. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Matrix4You said:

as an Emma Watson fan, I will happily catch BATB for Tuesday discount and not feel rushed to see it.  I feel the same way some here feel about all these remakes.  The Matrix news just broke my heart.  WTF!!!  Oh, and I can't wait for The Belko Experiment Tuesday discount.

But I thought the director clarified.

This will be a Matrix spin off like Rogue One was a spin off.

You're still against it?

1 minute ago, Frozen said:

That is what they are saying in the article. Saturday is looking at a huge increase. Like $65 million. 

It would require it to be completely unprecedented. Not that it can't happen, but the 3 big 200M+ movies all hit the zeitgeist and got as many people as they could and still only increased 15% from True Friday. An almost 35% increase from Friday for such a big Friday would be ridiculous. 20-25% is a more realistic target tbh.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Frozen said:

Saturday is also not even here yet on the West Coast. They can predict a number like $65m based on presales, but there's absolutely nothing definitive they can say about it for at least another 14, 15 hours.

Mr. Pink is a really intense guy in real life. We were all talking at a bar during brunch hour, and the bartender overheard us talking movies and said "I think Christopher Nolan is overrated." Me and Jayhawk just chuckle, go back to eating our waffles, like normal folks. But Pink jumps over the counter, grabs the guys head, knees him in the face, then smashes the bartenders head into the counter about ten times. He then threw down a ten on the table and walks out. We've never seen him again. 

• Like 17

1 minute ago, Eevin said:

Saturday is also not even here yet on the West Coast. They can predict a number like $65m based on presales, but there's absolutely nothing definitive they can say about it for at least another 14, 15 hours.

They aren't predicting based on presales

Essentially, Beauty and the Beast‘s weekend is expected to explode even more based on the bulk of anticipated walk-up business.

• Like 3

Just now, grim22 said:

They aren't predicting based on presales

Essentially, Beauty and the Beast‘s weekend is expected to explode even more based on the bulk of anticipated walk-up business.

Which makes their prediction even less valid. They're expecting it to play like any other family film in March.

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

Mr. Pink is a really intense guy in real life. We were all talking at a bar during brunch hour, and the bartender overheard us talking movies and said "I think Christopher Nolan is overrated." Me and Jayhawk just chuckle, go back to eating our waffles, like normal folks. But Pink jumps over the counter, grabs the guys head, knees him in the face, then smashes the bartenders head into the counter about ten times. He then threw down a ten on the table and walks out. We've never seen him again. 

Looked something like this

giphy.gif

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, grim22 said:

It would require it to be completely unprecedented. Not that it can't happen, but the 3 big 200M+ movies all hit the zeitgeist and got as many people as they could and still only increased 15% from True Friday. An almost 35% increase from Friday for such a big Friday would be ridiculous. 20-25% is a more realistic target tbh.

Never underestimate Kevin Kline. 

giphy.gif

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

You still owe that bar like ten bucks. It's D.C. brunch. Eggs and toast costs $20, not $10. Don't be an animal!

The eggs Benedict and crab was an odd combo, felt it was only worth 10. Not to mention the diss 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Just now, ACSlater said:

Is DC as rough as Boston like that? I thought you would handing over daffodils. 

D.C. is alot tougher than Boston :lol: It was the murder capital of the country for decades.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Frozen said:

That also matches what Empire was saying earlier about an unprecedented amount of Saturday sellouts on his screen.