Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

2 minutes ago, Harley said:

There are a lot of actresses calling their agents this morning ? Also dying their hair red for new head shots.

Chloe is box-office poison and she doesn't have the charisma of Queen Emma.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Harley said:

There are a lot of actresses calling their agents this morning ? Also dying their hair red for new head shots.

Zendaya was spotted in her red MJ dye-job running from Homecoming reshoots to Disney's secret Little Mermaid application office. 

3 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Nope, if BnB opens at around $170m DOM, I'd say $300m is a "lock", but nothing more in terms of intervals of $100m. Remember, BvS opened in similar territory and finished at around $330m.  

You can lock BnB at $400m. It will pass $300m in less than 2weeks, or even in 10 days, to say the least. The review score can only go up after its release, contrary to BvS which every trend was going down from day1. 

BvS OW=166, F/S/S = 82/51/34

BnB OW=16x-17x, F/S/S = 63/62/4x

Same OW numbers but opposite trend.

• Like 1

Recently Disney is making it look easy but it's incredibly hard to get a movie to make over 500 m DOM.

Fox only has one.

Paramount only has one. 

Universal only has one.

Sony has zero.

After this year, Disney could have FIVE.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Recently Disney is making it look easy but it's incredibly hard to get a movie to make over 500 m DOM.

Fox only has one.

Paramount only has one. 

Universal only has one.

Sony has zero.

After this year, Disney could have FIVE.

Image result for disney taking over the world

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Nope, if BnB opens at around $170m DOM, I'd say $300m is a "lock", but nothing more in terms of intervals of $100m. Remember, BvS opened in similar territory and finished at around $330m.  

And if you think that's a crazy outlier, remember that CACW opened at $180m and yet despite rave reviews just creeped over $400m DOM.

IOW's, while $400m would be likely for BnB, it wouldn't be a lock, so $500m even less so. 

This has made my day. 

• Like 6

BatB sitting at 86% on Flixter, a site pretty much owned by young guys, and still going up should pretty much put $425m as the absolute minimum. Realistically, I have a hard time believing this won't cross $450m.

Edited by Poseidon

12 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I hope they cast her as the lead in one of Star Wars movies. Heads and boxoffice would explode. :lol: Suck it H8rz! Queen Emma FTW! 

I'm afraid she will go back to picking up indie films that once again will be hit or( mainly )miss so people will go back at saying she has no power at the Box Office.

In reality,there are no box office stars anymore,only stars that can take a movie that was always destined to be big snd make it a real ...beast.Emma is one of them.Hopefully she gets herself into one big franchise and in the meantime try to play in some indies.

True Emma in a Star Wars film would be s real gold mine.Who could she play?Right now i can see the executives of every big studio trying to find an iconic role to offer her.

• Like 1

The worst thing for Disney would be to buy or create other studios, with so many movies that would be too much. Disney seriouslmy should invest in videogames to create a videogames giant, with all these franchises and this treasury they could be very successful. Diversifying is key and that would give them even more money, they could easily top Ubi Soft, EA and Activision. They don't have to create consoles because it's costly, jsut developing videogames on all supports. Disney has so much potential in that sector, it's raging.

Disney had interactive-segment that tried games, but did not succeed (Infinity etc.). They scaled it down and are happier with just franchising. A bit similar what they are doing with toys.

• Like 1