Plain Old Tele

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

6 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Will this movie be frontloaded like the Last Harry Potter movie?

I mean, the Last Harry Potter broke records and then dropped 72%, despite its good reviews. BATB is at 66% on RT, which is neither bad nor amazing. 

So, will this movie have great legs?

Good reviews aren't everything. Potter did very well, but its opening weekend was inflated due to the massive rush-and-see-it-opening-night fan base. Beauty and the Beast, a family film, doesn't have that kind of upfront demand. Just because Emma Watson is in a movie doesn't mean it'll play exactly like Harry Potter.

8 minutes ago, The PandAA said:

Yeah, it might not be called Giphy but it's the same thing. 

Oh, I won't be able to use the Giphy keyboard since I already use Google's

....which is great, because they have GIFs on it as well, along with Swype (which is why i use it)

Best of both worlds :shades:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Will this movie be frontloaded like the Last Harry Potter movie?

I mean, the Last Harry Potter broke records and then dropped 72%, despite its good reviews. BATB is at 66% on RT, which is neither bad nor amazing. 

So, will this movie have great legs?

The chief complaint of negative reviews seems to be that it adds nothing substantial to the animated film despite being significantly longer. For the most part, I think the thought process for people watching this movie is "It's a live action version of Beauty and the Beast? Cool!"

Alice, Cinderella, and Oz all had around 2.9-3.0 multipliers, so I don't think legs will be great, nor do I think they'll be bad.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Don't trust DHD. They lie.

So you're telling me 190m OW? :D

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

My goal is to hit 20k likes by the end of the weekend. That'll look so impressive! 

Your crush would be impressed. Print out the yearly likes list and show it to her.

• Like 2

Just now, franfar said:

Which one?

Take a wild fucking guess.

Hint: It's the movie that's supposed to open with 180M+ and will make me lose my faith in humanity.

It's creatively bankrupt to the max and probably has some of the most bland, cookie cutter scenes that I've seen from any movie.  This isn't a movie made by Bill Condon, it's a movie made by Disney that they churned out to appeal to everyone possible.  No soul went into it.  Fucking garbage movie.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, The PandAA said:

It will never be impressive when your post count is higher than your like count :ph34r:

Hey, my post / like count would be bigger if I was allowed to delete double posts. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, The PandAA said:

I dish out so many likes for people though.  I'm practically a charity.

I'm not sure anyone likes more posts around here than I do though. I mean I had to update from premium account cause I was constantly out of likes. Well, Tele I guess, but you know, from normal users only @Blankmentsat his peak I think. Some day I hope to be as good as him.

9 minutes ago, Eevin said:

We're still good though right? I need to hit 1,000 this weekend and you're my only hope 

No worries, I got your back.

Edited by Arlborn
I hate with passion making grammar and spelling mistakes.
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Hint: It's the movie that's supposed to open with 180M+ and will make me lose my faith in humanity.

It's creatively bankrupt to the max and probably has some of the most bland, cookie cutter scenes that I've seen from any movie.  This isn't a movie made by Bill Condon, it's a movie made by Disney that they churned out to appeal to everyone possible.  No soul went into it.  Fucking garbage movie.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

I see you've hit that age.

• Like 6