Plain Old Tele

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

6 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

It needs to beat Days of Future Pants.  A stripped down R-rated Wolverine movie not concerned about setting up future movies filled with bullshit or an after credits scene beating every X-Men at the BO for less than half the budget would be so great.

Logan was great, but DoFP was better. Though they're very different, DoFP was more emotional. The rest of the X-Men movies are blurs. Can barely remember much from any of them.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Noctis said:

When it comes to Alice, it absolutely played a massive role. Alice was the first big-budget film post-Avatar (and many were on a 3D high from it) plus the fantasy setting and visuals really helped the film gain buzz. 

Clash of the Titans is the only answer I will accept to this.

Just now, franfar said:

Anyone that expects a Disney film to be high-mark is gonna be disappointed. They're in the entertainment business.

I'd disagree.  Movies like Inside Out, Zootopia, and The Force Awakens prove otherwise.

• Like 2

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

MMMMM i love FILM. not movies but FILM. the best of course being The Arrival of a Train at La Ciotat Station (1895). the first, and therefore most original piece.

"Guys I heard of this awesome movie named Citizen Kane. The movie is so underrated!"

• Like 2

Just now, franfar said:

Anyone that expects a Disney film to be high-mark is gonna be disappointed. They're in the entertainment business.

That doesn't mean they should be given a pass from it.

Like legit people are trying to defend the film by saying "lol it's just what Disney does."  Well if that's what Disney does, then I completely disapprove of it and think I should be allowed to express my disapproval of it.  Am I not allowed an opinion solely for that reason?

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

MMMMM i love FILM. not movies but FILM. the best of course being The Arrival of a Train at La Ciotat Station (1895). the first, and therefore most original piece.

Cool it, white savior of film Ryan Gosling.

Just now, That One Guy said:

That doesn't mean they should be given a pass from it.

Like legit people are trying to defend the film by saying "lol it's just what Disney does."  Well if that's what Disney does, then I completely disapprove of it and think I should be allowed to express my disapproval of it.  Am I not allowed an opinion solely for that reason?

You're allowed to have an opinion, but we're free to criticize it.

Don't turn into Lordmandeep where "hurr I feel silenced because I was put on ignore"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Noctis said:

Logan was great, but DoFP was better. Though they're very different, DoFP was more emotional. The rest of the X-Men movies are blurs. Can barely remember much from any of them.

Logan

X2

DOPants

Pants is good, but it never reaches the heights of X2 imo.  In terms of emotion, I don't think any CBM touches Logan.  I've never experienced the feels during a CBM before.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The PandAA said:

I'd disagree.  Movies like Inside Out, Zootopia, and The Force Awakens prove otherwise.

Haven't seen IO. Zootopia and Force Awakens were entertaining and good (for Disney), but were still entertainment fare. I'm getting the impression that That One Guy wanted something more up there.

• Like 3