Plain Old Tele

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

I'm not sure anyone likes more posts around here than I do though? I mean i had to update from premium account cause I was constantly out of likes. Well, Tele I guess, but you know, from normal users only @Blankmentsat his peak I think. Someday I hope to be as good as him.

No worries, I got your back.

:kitschjob:

Spoiler

out of likes

• Like 1

People complained that the stage musical version of Beauty and the Beast was the film plonked on stage but for most people that was the selling point and it ran 13 years on Broadway plus many successful tours and international productions. The 2017 BATB is no different and it's going be a huge hit because it's BATB as a live action film. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Take a wild fucking guess.

Hint: It's the movie that's supposed to open with 180M+ and will make me lose my faith in humanity.

It's creatively bankrupt to the max and probably has some of the most bland, cookie cutter scenes that I've seen from any movie.  This isn't a movie made by Bill Condon, it's a movie made by Disney that they churned out to appeal to everyone possible.  No soul went into it.  Fucking garbage movie.

beast.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Hint: It's the movie that's supposed to open with 180M+ and will make me lose my faith in humanity.

It's creatively bankrupt to the max and probably has some of the most bland, cookie cutter scenes that I've seen from any movie.  This isn't a movie made by Bill Condon, it's a movie made by Disney that they churned out to appeal to everyone possible.  No soul went into it.  Fucking garbage movie.

So what you are saying is that it is a movie like every other live action fairytale adaptation, Marvel or Lucasfilm movie? Got it. 

• Like 5

Just now, CJohn said:

So what you are saying is that it is a movie like every other live action fairytale adaptation, Marvel or Lucasfilm movie? Got it. 

:mellow:

Though this thread is already gold.

• Like 1

Just now, CJohn said:

Stop shitting on Cinderella.

Praise Kenneth Branagh.

• Like 4

Just now, CJohn said:

Ha, not even close.  It's on the level of Alice in Wonderland '10 for me.  That's bottom of the barrel Disney for me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Did you really have to name them? As if this thread needed to go any further downhill.

Oh well, there goes the thread.

Ralph-Wiggum-Smiles-Rolls-Down-Hill.gif

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

so many of your posts on films are like "baby's first reddit post". "lost my faith in humanity" is a dead giveaway there. throw in a "it raped my childhood!" for good measure.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

giphy.gif

• Like 6