Plain Old Tele

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

Just now, MattW said:

http://deadline.com/2017/03/beauty-and-the-beast-weekend-box-office-selling-out-1202045224/

Non-Disney early estimates are pegging Beauty and the Beast between $12M-$14M for tonight, which would blow away recent Disney live action titles, The Jungle Book($4.2m Thursday, $32M Friday) on its first Thursday and Cinderella ($2.3M Thursday, $23M Friday).

Currently the online ticket seller says that Beauty and the Beast is set to topple one of its biggest March pre-sellers Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice with more than 90% of this weekend’s ticket sales on Fandango alone. As previously reported, Beauty is already Fandango’s biggest family pre-seller outstripping the advance sales of Finding Dory and Captain America: Civil War. 
Weekend projections for Beauty and the Beast are as low as $120M, and as high as $150M.

so basically disney's weekend looking like

giphy.gif

(ok i'm done with this shit... for tonight.)

• Like 9

Will this movie be frontloaded like the Last Harry Potter movie?

I mean, the Last Harry Potter broke records and then dropped 72%, despite its good reviews. BATB is at 66% on RT, which is neither bad nor amazing. 

So, will this movie have great legs?

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Something I just realized: with all these gifs Coolio is posting, my position on the weekly chart is at risk :ohmygod: 

i never even look at the weekly chart so i don't even know if i'm ever on it. i'm just concentrating on that all-time board son. even though i'm probably never moving up and as long as i don't slack i probably won't move down. though chewy did get passed me once before. hmm, he posts way more in funny book movie season when i post way less. gotta look out for that (btw passed 50k today)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Something I just realized: with all these gifs Coolio is posting, my position on the weekly chart is at risk :ohmygod: 

He's been saving up these gifs for weeks, plotting for the opportune time to make his comeback.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

My goal is to hit 20k likes by the end of the weekend. That'll look so impressive! 

It will never be impressive when your post count is higher than your like count :ph34r:

• Like 1