Plain Old Tele

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

Just now, elcaballero said:

3D alone doesn't make $1 billion.

When it comes to Alice, it absolutely played a massive role. Alice was the first big-budget film post-Avatar (and many were on a 3D high from it) plus the fantasy setting and visuals really helped the film gain buzz. 

• Like 2

On 1/1/2017 at 4:32 AM, MovieMan89 said:

I adamantly loathe Do You Wanna Build a Snowman, Love is an Open Door, and Fixer Upper. Truly the songs to a soundtrack in hell. Let It Go was catchy and did it's job...until it was everywhere. Then it was annoying af. For the First Time in Forever is legit a watered down retread of At Last I See the Light. In Summer is fun in the film, but doesn't do much as an actual song. So yeah, overall I still think the Frozen soundtrack is mediocre to bad. I will absolutely never get the soundtrack success aspect at all (except for LIG being catchy). 

The last sighting of MovieMan.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I'm fine with that.

tumblr_omnrlbfpmU1qb79r8o1_500.gif

It needs to beat Days of Future Pants.  A stripped down R-rated Wolverine movie not concerned about setting up future movies filled with bullshit or an after credits scene beating every X-Men at the BO for less than half the budget would be so great.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Take a wild fucking guess.

Hint: It's the movie that's supposed to open with 180M+ and will make me lose my faith in humanity.

It's creatively bankrupt to the max and probably has some of the most bland, cookie cutter scenes that I've seen from any movie.  This isn't a movie made by Bill Condon, it's a movie made by Disney that they churned out to appeal to everyone possible.  No soul went into it.  Fucking garbage movie.

You sound extra excited. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

Well around 9 people quoted my post in the past 5 minutes, so excuse me for not responding to it all, but basically, here's the gist of what I have to say.

One of the things that I despise the most in movies is when they take no risks.  The ones that, instead of actually putting effort into creating something a bit new, just throw their budget into a rehash.  And that's exactly what this movie did.  Almost every scene felt like it was added in purely for nostalgia.  And once the initial "charm" of "oh hey i remember that!" wears off, it just leaves a sour taste in your mouth.  It didn't have a soul at all.  The entire reason the film was made was so they could shove it out into theaters, knowing full well everyone will shell out $15 to see it.  It was a corporate film made to make a shit ton of money.  They could've at least tried to go The Jungle Book-route and changed it up from the original animated version, or the Pete's Dragon route, but noooppppppee.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

It needs to beat Days of Future Pants.  A stripped down R-rated Wolverine movie not concerned about setting up future movies filled with bullshit or an after credits scene beating every X-Men at the BO for less than half the budget would be so great.

The Last Stand made around 1 million more than DOFP

• Like 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Well around 9 people quoted my post in the past 5 minutes, so excuse me for not responding to it all, but basically, here's the gist of what I have to say.

One of the things that I despise the most in movies is when they take no risks.  The ones that, instead of actually putting effort into creating something a bit new, just throw their budget into a rehash.  And that's exactly what this movie did.  Almost every scene felt like it was added in purely for nostalgia.  And once the initial "charm" of "oh hey i remember that!" wears off, it just leaves a sour taste in your mouth.  It didn't have a soul at all.  The entire reason the film was made was so they could shove it out into theaters, knowing full well everyone will shell out $15 to see it.  It was a corporate film made to make a shit ton of money.  They could've at least tried to go The Jungle Book-route and changed it up from the original animated version, or the Pete's Dragon route, but noooppppppee.

i could've made a bingo card for every sentence in this take.

• Like 3