Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

Huge saturday business around these parts, I be shocked if it did below 60 million today. 

We should easily have an all time top 5 saturday gross for Beauty and the Beast today.

Edited by Lordmandeep

3 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Huge saturday business around these parts, I be shocked if it did below 60 million today. 

We should easily have an all time top 5 saturday gross for Beauty and the Beast today.

Yeah, the theater we're seeing it at this evening is already selling out afternoon shows and they've got it on 6 screens. Between family matinees and St. Patrick's Day being yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if it barely sees a drop from Friday's entire gross.

• Like 2

Awesome start for Beauty and the Beast. It's going to be huge today.

The holds for everything else pretty much are what they are (and Get Out once again fared well in that department). Beauty and the Beast is playing like a true four-quadrant movie (my Thursday IMAX crowd, which was about three-quarters full, consisted almost entirely of adults, so it's definitely getting the nostalgic crowd in droves), so it was a given that everything would take a hit in its massive shadow.

16 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Id be shocked if it hits 60

Best case scenerio

Fri: 64m

Sat: 64m (+36% minus previews)

Sun: 48m

Total: 176m

Worst case

Sat: 55m (+17%)

Sun: 41m

Total: 160m

Im thinking this should have a really strong Saturday though. Expecting a 170m+ finish 

• Like 1

Just now, Firepower said:

Sony’s T2 Trainspotting which is in release at five theaters in New York, Toronto and Los Angeles, is posting the second best screen average of the weekend with $38K.

It's good.

Nice also welcome to the boards.

• Like 1

For everyone freaking out about the "poor" Friday increases (especially for Get Out) you have to remember that the films got hit with a 1-2 punch of Spring Break and Then a 150m+ opener. Some of us tried to warn you during the weekdays that Friday increases would be muted but everyone went back to the argument about only x% of schools being out.... now that we have a full week to look at take a look at the week to week drops during the dailies and see how much that "small" percentage of schools being out helped most films. 

Every year the newbies have to learn and some of the oldies have to be reminded.... 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lumos said:

Best case scenerio

Sat: 64m (+36% minus previews)

Sun: 48m

Total: 176m

Worst case

Sat: 55m (+17%)

Sun: 41m

Total: 160m

Im thinking this should have a really strong Saturday though. Expecting a 170m+ finish 

When is the last time you had a Saturday bump of more than 25% from its opening Friday?