Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

The Saturday jump wont be super massive but I dont think you can compare this to Finding Dory as that opened in the the summer months which meant more business on Fridays and Sundays.

So the Saturday Jump could be quite large nonetheless based of the Jungle Book Last year. 

Just now, CJohn said:

Jungle Book jumped 27.5% on Saturday. That is best case scenario for Beauty and the Beast.

That is flawed as this film had large previews.

I think staying flat from friday gross of 63 would be a epic result

8 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Sony’s T2 Trainspotting which is in release at five theaters in New York, Toronto and Los Angeles, is posting the second best screen average of the weekend with $38K.

It's good.

Ewan McGregor: Box Office Superstar.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

That is flawed as this film had large previews.

I think staying flat from friday gross of 63 would be a epic result

That is why I said best case scenario. I will be shocked if it matches Friday+previews on Saturday.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Jungle Book jumped 27.5% on Saturday. That is best case scenario for Beauty and the Beast.

I think a little under that as a jump from the true Friday is likely to happen.  That gets us a Sat in the high 50m range, possibly 60m.

Edited by Beauty and The Panda

23 minutes ago, baumer said:

When is the last time you had a Saturday bump of more than 25% from its opening Friday?

When you look at the 10 biggest unadjusted OW's of all time I think BatB stands apart from almost all of them. Demographically it is easily the most family friendly film on the list and it really doesn't feel like a film people have to see in the first 24 hours. Not saying Saturday is locked for 60m....but it's certainly possible. PG rated family films tend to do well on saturdays. 

Edited by Lumos

Does anyone know the reason of a 1000 % increase of Rogue One since wednesday???

Because it has the same theatres.

Amazing bumps!!!

Edited by setna
bad ortography

16 minutes ago, narniadis said:

For everyone freaking out about the "poor" Friday increases (especially for Get Out) you have to remember that the films got hit with a 1-2 punch of Spring Break and Then a 150m+ opener. Some of us tried to warn you during the weekdays that Friday increases would be muted but everyone went back to the argument about only x% of schools being out.... now that we have a full week to look at take a look at the week to week drops during the dailies and see how much that "small" percentage of schools being out helped most films. 

Every year the newbies have to learn and some of the oldies have to be reminded.... 

OK, so what kind of Saturday will the holdovers have then?

1 minute ago, ban1o said:

I honestly think BATB would have made more if it wasn't for the gay controversy. Apparently pastors are warning churches about it? 

No. Because then you have to count the people who saw it only due to the controversy or saw it more than once. 

And then you must consider a lot of those rednecks go to local theatres and pay $5 for afternoon shows. If New York or LA ever boycott your film, you are in trouble.