Plain Old Tele

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

If BatB can do 167-178M opening weekend and Jungle Book can do 104M, I would say  (as long as the marketing is good, and Aladdin isn't botched like the King Arthur marketing, also assuming quality is at least decent-to-good)

Mulan can do 90-100 OW

Dumbo could do 60-70 OW

Aladdin could do 120M+ OW

Lion King 200+

YourMother's Controversial Live Action Disney Remake predictions for domestic.

Dumbo: $60M/$150M to $100M/$300M

Aladdin: $100M/$300M to $150M/$400M

Mulan: $75M/$210M to $120M/$350M

Lion King/Frozen: $200M/$600M to $250M/$800M

Little Mermaid: $125M/$400M to $170M/$500M

Tarzan: $50M/$170M to $100M/$250M

Zootopia: $100M/$330M to $135M/$485M

Unlikely but could happen remakes 

Atlantis/Treasure Planet: $60M/$200M to $85M/$275M

Brother Bear/Home On The Range: $55M/$170M to $105M/$330M

Chicken Little: $28M/$90M to $175M/$500M

Holy shit! That's a sexy Sunday number! This feels very similar to shrek 2 back in 2004. Kind of a slow start out of the gate and then jaw dropping Saturday and Sunday numbers. Always thought this was headed for 500m+.....and with a 179m OW I can't see it missing the mark. Will probably top TDK unadjusted as well. Amazing numbers! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JB33 said:

I'm a huge Marvel and DC fan and I'd love it! The box office record lists need some fresh blood, not just Star Wars and superheroes. 

I know what you're going for but it's funny you say this for Beauty and the Beast.

8 minutes ago, DAJK said:

If BatB can do 167-178M opening weekend and Jungle Book can do 104M, I would say  (as long as the marketing is good, and Aladdin isn't botched like the King Arthur marketing, also assuming quality is at least decent-to-good)

Mulan can do 90-100 OW

Dumbo could do 60-70 OW

Aladdin could do 120M+ OW

Lion King 200+

I honestly think these live action remakes have gotten more traction over the past year, and audiences trust them more. I honestly think if Cinderella were released say next year it could have done 80M+

The Lion King is going to be fucking enormous. The original more than doubled the initial run of the Beauty and the Beast, it became the highest VHS+DVD seller of all time, and even the Broadway show shattered records. If Jon Favreau brings the quality, that's your new OW record holder.

The others will be interesting. Like Pixar and Marvel, we're probably going to see the public view these films under the same brand (if they don't already), so the immense success of one will automatically raise the potential of the others.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Hi Michael me and your mom are worried come home please

wr have some spaghetti 

we kno it's your favourite

it doesn't have to be like this Michael 

love 

jenny and Chris 

Did I miss a joke somewhere?

10 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Hi Michael me and your mom are worried come home please

wr have some spaghetti