Plain Old Tele

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

The trajectory of BatB is insane!!!  It goes from having the 19th largest Friday to having the 4th largest Saturday and now to stay solid with the 4th largest Sunday (it's Sunday is even more so impressive since the top 3 above BatB were all when there was no school the following day).

• Like 1

What's going to be very telling is tomorrow's drop.  We might be looking at great WoM combined with some spillover to get between a 50-60% drop tomorrow.  BatB is so odd to predict since there are cases for a small drop (what I mentioned above) versus a larger drop (since it's also partially playing as a family film).  

Questions...questions 

I was undecided about Emma's casting initially. She wasn't my idea of Belle but I could see why others would think differently.

After seeing the film today I think she acquitted herself well enough and I can't now think who else I might have preferred in the role. Several other people I know have said the same, so she seems to be winning over those of us who were, perhaps lukewarm to begin with. I don't really think any individual is ( or needs to be) a major draw for a huge title such as this. It's the overall combination of the cast which needs to work and add to the existing brand. And, in my view, this cast as a whole works very well.

I loved the animated version so was a little apprehensive about this but actually enjoyed it hugely. It does that version justice.

On 3/17/2017 at 1:03 PM, Chewy said:

Gonna hit 170+ with that preview number, feel free to quote me on this

On 3/17/2017 at 10:32 PM, Chewy said:

Now we wait for tomorrow's report that Saturday daytime business outperformed expectations b/c kids

BROKEN CLOCK

• Like 7