FlashMaster659

WEEKEND THREAD | Official Weekend Estimates: Beauty and the Beast - 88.3M; Power Rangers - 40.5M; Life - 12.6M; Other Numbers First Post. Gokira has been threadbanned.

1 minute ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Intense for BATB

OK/Good for PR

Life isn't Death at all, and it isn't dead either

Kong ain't got shit on BATB

Old Man Logan might break the 200 million figure domestic

Get Out will get its sequel called Get In

John Wick has had a Wicked performance

All in all, not bad at all. I loved Logan and PR, and I'm glad that both movies are performing well ( Logan and PR ). Logan is a huge hit, but PR still has a long way to go, though it has better reviews that what I thought it would get. It's 82% RT score is quite good and it hasn't dropped since Thursday. 

Kong still did well for itself. Even if it didn't put up BATB number.  Looking forward to Kong vs Godzilla. Huge Godzilla fan.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Even the Razzies probably won't remember it by the end of the year other than a random nod for Elizabeth Banks, I guess.

But Banks was by far the best part of the movie...:kitschjob:

3 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

I assume it might get a random nom, like maybe worse product placement or something.

I'm assuming Rings will be at least be in the top five.

That's good. I haven't seen the film yet, though.

Rings is so utterly forgettable that the Razzies might just let it die quietly. I swear I forgot almost all aspects of the movie within a week.

13 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

$38-39 million for Beauty would represent a 61-65% Saturday increase, and make for about an $87-90 million weekend (a 49-50% drop from it's opening weekend).

$14 million for Power Rangers represents a solid 23% Saturday increase (from Real Friday), and likely makes for ~$39 million weekend, give or take.

Peace,

Mike

The Friday to Saturday increase for CINDERELLA was 61.4%. The Thursday to Friday increase was also similar (111.9% for CINDERELLA, 116% for BEAUTY AND THE BEAST). Looking like the former film is a pretty accurate comparison. More accurate than THE JUNGLE BOOK.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JB33 said:

The Friday to Saturday increase for CINDERELLA was 61.4%. The Thursday to Friday increase was also similar (111.9% for CINDERELLA, 116% for BEAUTY AND THE BEAST). Looking like the former film is a pretty accurate comparison. More accurate than THE JUNGLE BOOK.

That gets BatB to 517M. Not too shabby.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Eevin said:

Rings is so utterly forgettable that the Razzies might just let it die quietly. I swear I forgot almost all aspects of the movie within a week.

I still haven't bothered with it honestly, but all of the reviews of it I've seen from people I trust call it absolute horseshit.

Well if Power Rangers has to perform like Pacific Rim over the weekend here's hoping it'll at least get the 2.7x multiplier or better too >.>

Edited by Xillix
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Xillix said:

Well if Power Rangers has to perform like Pacific Rim over the weekend here's hoping it'll at least get the 2.7x multiplier or better too >.>

Maybe the Blu-ray sells for the movie will help it out. Seem to do wonders for Picture Perfect.

2 minutes ago, Momo said:

Maybe the Blu-ray sells for the movie will help it out. Seem to do wonders for Picture Perfect.

7 minutes ago, Xillix said:

With good DVD sales and a $250M-$350M WW finish, a sequel has become a slightly safer idea than before.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Momo said:

Pitch Perfect was a movie that was only a modest grosser in theaters but really took off once more a ton of more people saw it on DVD. Power Rangers is unlikely to do that since it had an audience that saw it upfront.

Just now, filmlover said:

Pitch Perfect was a movie that was only a modest grosser in theaters but really took off once more a ton of more people saw it on DVD. Power Rangers is unlikely to do that since it had an audience that saw it upfront.

Considering how well PR Toys sell, I don't think I agree with you. Kids will buy the movie.

Great Saturday - a little higher than I had set my hopes on which pretty much seals upper 80s as the weekend goal - maybe it can crack the 90m mark with a really good Sunday but I see Disney being conservative a bit and going for about an 86m estimate - there aren't any records that make it worth overshooting by for the papers.

• Like 1