aabattery

Operation Finale | 21st of September, 2018 | Oscar Isaac hunts some Nazi,s | Chris Weitz to direct

20 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Lucas film fired him off star wars 9. Lol. 

Uh no.

He was doing the score for Rogue One but had to drop out because his schedule could not accomodate the substantial reshoots.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-rogue-one-replaces-929387

But the reshoots also altered the scoring calendar and Desplat, who won an Oscar for The Grand Budapest Hotel, was no longer available.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 3

On 3/29/2017 at 9:37 PM, elcaballero said:

Random, but I would really like a movie that has Michael Fassbender hunting Nazis like he did at the beginning of X-Men: First Class. 

I think we all would.  

On 6/16/2017 at 6:22 PM, aabattery said:

Shooting in Argentina this fall.

Interesting that they actually are shooting on location.  

Hope it's good.  

How interesting is it that Kingsley is now playing a Nazi when one of his more famous roles had him as a JEW in Schindler's List.

https://deadline.com/2018/07/oscar-isaac-operation-finale-opening-labor-day-weekend-1202426991/

EXCLUSIVE: MGM’s Operation Finalewhich follows a team of secret agents in their pursuit of Holocaust Nazi architect Adolf Eichmann 15 years after World War II, is moving up from its Sept. 14 opening to August 29, the Wednesday before the four-day Labor Day stretch.

We hear the film tested quite well in the mid 80s in the top two boxes in a Los Angeles-area screening, but tested through the roof in the high 90s elsewhere in the country. Labor Day is a prime time when upscale and older audiences head to the cinema, and with Operation Finale‘s new date, it gives the Chris Weitz-directed movie a jump on the crowded fall awards season competition.

I don't mind this move considering there's three other wide releases on September 14 I want to see (Predator/White Boy Rick/A Simple Favor). It also won't get dumped from theaters as quickly as it would in September.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

I don't mind this move considering there's three other wide releases on September 14 I want to see (Predator/White Boy Rick/A Simple Favor). It also won't get dumped from theaters as quickly as it would in September.

I'm pretty sure White Boy Rick is starting in limited release and then going wide the following week?

• Like 1