WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 120): Boss Baby 50.2M | BATB 45.4M | GITS 18.7M | Power Rangers 14.2M | Kong 8.6M

3 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Voice acting is the easiest paycheck in Hollywood. Bill Murray got like five mill for working two days on the Garfield movie he thought was directed by the Coens brothers. Not exactly the Revenant in terms of a tough shoot. Though I'm sure Tom Hardy would probably beat up the director of the Smurfs, too. They shoulda got him for Papa Smurf. 

Every time I hear the story of how Bill Murray ended up in Garfield it just gets funnier and funnier

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I knew it wasn't Death Proof I was just trolling. I've never seen Death Wish but from what I've heard, but it isn't it about an old white guy super-murdering a ton of black kids? One of them is, at least. I'm not gonna comment cuz I haven't seen it but man THAT would have been a hell of a weekend thread. Especially knowing the thoughts of some of those 80s actions fans on PC culture.

damn i need to do my own "woke bae" research on this.

46nXA42.png?1

hmmm... you can't see it here but scroll down a little more and there's a stormfront link. things aren't looking good.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Did Julia Roberts end up in a serious amount of debt to end up in a friggin' Smurfs movie? Jesus.

Roberts has made some questionable choices for roles but weirdly Smurfs isn't the worst, that honour belongs to Mother's Day.

15 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Tomorrow is April Fool's and the day BKB returns. The internet and this site in particular will be hell. 

I'll give it a month before he is banned again..

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 1

Just now, Jonwo said:

Roberts has made some questionable choices for roles but weirdly Smurfs isn't the worst, that honour belongs to Mother's Day.

She only did that as a favor to Garry Marshall (too bad it couldn't have been a much better last favor).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I knew it wasn't Death Proof I was just trolling. I've never seen Death Wish but from what I've heard, but it isn't it about an old white guy super-murdering a ton of black kids? One of them is, at least. I'm not gonna comment cuz I haven't seen it but man THAT would have been a hell of a weekend thread. Especially knowing the thoughts of some of those 80s actions fans on PC culture.

Clint was just barely able to sneak Gran Torino in before we as a society actually talked about these kinda things

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Clint was just barely able to sneak Gran Torino in before we as a society actually talked about these kinda things

Went wide 11 days before Obama was inaugurated. Really served as the mission statement for the next eight years for the GOP tbh. They saw that shit become a big hit and thought "Hmm........."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Saw quite a few female ghostbusters at Wondercon (old costumes though not the reboot costumes). Wonder what the ruling of the internet is on that? 

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

i thought robert rodriguez was doing the death wish remake. turns out it's escape from new york. you KNOW gerry butler is desperate to get in on that shit.

They got Bruce Willis to star in Death Wish.

Unless you mean Escape from New York in which case he was in it but then dropped out.

2 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Went wide 11 days before Obama was inaugurated. Really served as the mission statement for the next eight years for the GOP tbh. They saw that shit become a big hit and thought "Hmm........."

NDg5NDc4MjIxMjQ=_o_eastwood-defends-rnc-

• Like 2

Just now, Water Bottle said:

They got Bruce Willis to star in Death Wish.

Unless you mean Escape from New York in which case he was in it but then dropped out.

this is all terrible news. the hits keep coming.

Honestly most Clint movies since Dirty Harry have kinda been the genesis of Make America Great Again. Even awesome ones like Unforgiven. Except for Million Dollar Baby, of course. He's a total cuck for that one.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
Just now, CoolioD1 said:

this is all terrible news. the hits keep coming.

If it makes you feel better, Kurt Russell learned they got Gerard Butler to take on his role. Kurt's reaction? He winced. He didn't approve of Gerard Butler.

• Like 1